Something new?
Now that Aeon's approaching beta, I have to admit that I'd always planned on starting something new when that moment arrived. Not to say that I'll be losing focus on getting that skin finished - that is, of course, the most important thing - but working on it for over a year has left me itching to do something quite different.

Aeon's what you'd call an "exotic" skin, I guess, and now I want to visit the other end of the spectrum. Something conventional, ultra-friendly and, of course, ultra-sleek. Something, dare I say it, easy. A PMIII for the HD generation, perhaps?

And it'd be loosely based on this... (though ten times better, nyar)

djh_ Wrote:A PMIII for the HD generation, perhaps?
I think I wet my pants a little...
Absolutely stunning!
It's not mine! It's ABC's browser-based HD episode player. I'm having ideas already, though, and I doubt there'll be much similarity beyond a basic inspiration.
Damn!

This is something!! I'm just afraid, that if you'll make skin like that i'll have to stop using aeon.. Aeon is the "one" for me right now but that looks sweet!! Hope that this kind of skin will come out some pretty, sunny day!!!! (Sorry my bad english, i'm just a polarbear from Finland!)
Hm, that would make a nice looking (albeit pretty useless *g*) view mode - episodes in the front and season pics in the background or something like that. Could even be implemented in Aeon, maybe somebody with some experience want to try a mod ? Wink
Knowing the quality of your work, it's a safe bet that if/once you get this new skin going, it'll be top notch.

You're full of great ideas and skills to match... I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future. Smile
go for it Duncan... i think its a new challenge... so it should be fun... good luck!
If it is possible then it would be great. We tried to do some views based on similar concepts but they break down when you try and display multi-level media (tv shows and episodes for example) on screen at the same time Blush
I don't see AEON as "exotic" but more as a simple to use, elegant interface for XBMC. I think that the posted ABC example would easily fit into the AEON theme.

The ABC example looks like it is based, at its lowest level, on the MCE navigation style, with more flare.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:If it is possible then it would be great. We tried to do some views based on similar concepts but they break down when you try and display multi-level media (tv shows and episodes for example) on screen at the same time Blush

This is why ive requested dynamic container support... so I can display 2 thumbpanels like this sort of thing. But alais no support as yet. I have coded some changes into xbmc and fully skinned a skin based on Aeon that performs like kind of like this (but alais it does require XBMC to be changed from a source level). If you want to take a look at this ill upload it to my FTP and you can run it like its a program. Its 6 months old now and im about to rewrite it based on using it for 6 months some changes to simplif my experience even more.

this is a quick mockup of what ill produce soon. Left right will go though media that can be selected ( would love to make this dynamic with the folders on a system) up down will be thumbs or a list where you can play your file.

This is the current old build im running... at any time you can change the media there isnt really a home it just makes the media panel settings weather etc but doesnt have to be used. you can go from tv show to much onscreen at any time.

PS DJH I think your skinning work is exception in design keep up the good work....
What you've done there is like the PSP isn't it? I like that idea..I find the digging down through all of the menus quite a chore now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Something new?0