MCE Remote etc help...
Been using xbmc on the xbox for a while now but I'm new to the linux port. I have it installed on a box with Ubuntu 8.04 using the PPA's.

I have a Microsoft MCE remote a friend gave me. Not sure if it is the old version or version 2. How do you tell? It says Model: 1039 and has a IR receiver that plugs into USB.

My questions are, how do I get this remote to work? And, how do I set this up so that the computer automatically logs in on boot and starts xbmc in full screen mode?

Thanks for any help or at least a point in the right direction.
Install Lirc to get the remote working, not sure which you have either but a search on Lirc and MCE ought to find you a Wiki page that has pictures of the various remotes to help you figure out which config to use. Once it's installed properly XBMC will see it - it's the closest thing to PnP hardware I've ever seen on Linux!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Ok I managed to get everything working with the remote and even have it auto logging in and starting xbmc. The only hitch left is xbmc isn't starting in full screen mode. Does anyone know either how to get it to lauch in full screen mode or to make it full screen using the remote?
In settings under Appearance -> Screen you can set the resolution.
However ATM if I set the resolution to 1920x1080(Full Screen) I only get about 20FPS when playing HD content and the navigation is ordinary as well.
It is ok if I launch with resolution set to auto and then make Full Screen with \
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
I tried setting it to full screen but after a reboot when it autostarts it is just a tiny window on the gnome desktop. This is still on the computer monitor though. Not sure if it will make a difference once I get it connected to the tv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote etc help...0