v18 NVIDIA Shield - "Source Too Slow For Continuous Playback"
Hi all,

I've searched the forum and Google but couldn't find anything recent or relevant.

My setup is:
Synology DS1813+ with WD RED disks
Gigabit ethernet (wired)
NVIDIA Shield TV (2019)
KODI Leia V18.6 with Emby for KODI installed

When i playback a high bitrate (80Mbit) MKV file, i get this error.
After that, the movie plays perfectly as far as i can tell and doesn't start buffering.

When i download something off my NAS using Windows, i get 110MB/s
Download speed shouldn't be an issue when the file i'm trying to play is only 80 Megabit / sec

I tried disabling 'force http playback' in Emby but that doesn't seem to be helping.

I have included a logfile:
xonekowiya (paste)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might be better asking that on the Emby support forums, as it sounds like it's coming from their set-up rather than Kodi.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-03-23, 21:23)DarrenHill Wrote: You might be better asking that on the Emby support forums, as it sounds like it's coming from their set-up rather than Kodi.
Okay will do, i'll try playing the file over NFS without Emby to rule out if Emby is causing the problem.

Thanks
(2020-03-23, 21:31)MovingDots Wrote:
(2020-03-23, 21:23)DarrenHill Wrote: You might be better asking that on the Emby support forums, as it sounds like it's coming from their set-up rather than Kodi.
Okay will do, i'll try playing the file over NFS without Emby to rule out if Emby is causing the problem.

Thanks

Wanted to let you know that the file plays without issue when playing directly on kodi with the NAS mapped over NFS.

I hope I'll figure it out because I like the Emby configuration compared to mysql sharing because that was also giving me issues lately.
You can set Emby for kodi to play the files directly if the client has direct access to the files. You lose some of Emby's features such as cinema mode etc.

The option is Native Playback Mode
(2020-03-24, 02:21)LongMan Wrote: You can set Emby for kodi to play the files directly if the client has direct access to the files. You lose some of Emby's features such as cinema mode etc.

The option is Native Playback Mode

Aha, so i see.
Apparently the wizard asks you when you first launch Emby within KODI, if you want direct paths or addon mode (default).
I selected addon mode (default) when i first installed it.

I've now reconfigured it as direct paths and all seems to be working.

I have almost the same setup other then having the emby addon installed and instead of streaming from my Synology it is through google drive. Have been having the issue with 4k content and once I enable audio passthrough, poof, issue gone (still can't rewind without it crashing out the video but that's another issue).
Bumping this old(er) thread since its the only place I've found with a useful discussion going on. 

I have the same problem with a similar setup. Synology 1515+, nVidia Shield 2017, wired gigabit ethernet, Kodi 18 with Plex Kodi Connect.
Movies live on the 1515+, the Shield is acting as its own server.

Everything had been working fine for 6 months. And then yesterday I started getting the "Source Too Slow" message.  I didn't change anything. 

Was happening on all of my movies. However all of the same movies played fine if I used Plex as the UI. I don't recall seeing any updates to Kodi in the last few days that would have caused it. 

Where can I look for issues? I tried clearing the Shield's cache, but that didn't do anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield - "Source Too Slow For Continuous Playback"0