XBMC Official Online Manual (Wiki)
i've added a my files walkthrough- please check and edit if you see anything missed or wrong

i've been slowly putting together some stuff for a proper manual-but i got a thesis to submit at the end of september so its had to take a bit of back seat at the moment. i will get it done as soon as possible after that (starting work almost straight afterwards so that may cause further delays)- though i will need help on certain features that i never use (like ccx etc.- i don't want the manual to have a biased slant to it- so would appreciate help on this)
i was gona submit about the osd but seems someone already has one sorta. mine includes pictures and such check it here http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=7422

i didnt wana copy over the other guys without asking first :p
is there a downloadable pdf or something somewhere? i don't like the wacco stuff. i need one that i can print out for people.
not uptodate. feel free to make one
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

the manual is nice, thanks to everyone who has contributed to it. i just wanted a way to print it for my buddy who doesn't have the internet. he can just learn through trial and error or get with the times.
hi there,
i think this is directed to hullebulle. jmarshall suggested that the solution to this thread topic: always starts in "my music" be added to the "actual faq". i was hoping you could help me get it entered. i did a little looking around and found mention of this in the online manual under "general usage/settings/lcd". i think the problem is some people wouldn't realize this is even a feature. anyway, here's my submittal. please feel free to edit, rewrite, or remove anything unimportant. i would just appreciate the help getting it into the manual.

thanks! you guys are impressive!

why does xbmc always boot to the "my music" menu?

check your lcd settings in xbmc's "general settings" screen. lcd should be disabled if you don't have one installed. if you have one installed then you have two modes you can operate it in.
"normal" mode allows xbmc to boot to its usual "home" screen. it also displays some system information on the lcd.
"no tv" mode is used if you tend to keep your tv turned off when using the xbmc. it then assumes you will want to boot directly to "my music". it displays the screen you're on and the folder or file you have navigated to. this is all done to make it easier to navigate xbmc using only the lcd screen.
is anyone working on the new settings layout?

if not i will try and get the directory layout setup and then move any info already in the manual.

if anyone knows and easier way than me going through each screen and typing it out, then please shout! :d
right, well as no one replied to my previous post i have gone a head and put in the structure of the new settings menus. so in theory every option should be listed! Smile

now all we need is some people to start filling in the necessary information about each option. some of it can come form the old settings info, and i will try to do this. however the new features will need to be added.

so please help me in getting this upto date so we actually know what all the features do Wink
i am using the xbmc of mar.4-2005 release.
i have a question now. in the beginning, i played video with xbox and everything was great. however, some day when i tried to play video again, there is no sound. Image

i tried to adjust the parameters in audio setup. howver, the sound became clipping and was not as high as before.

thanks.
i am "back" for the time being and have already started moving some stuff around according to the "new manual" layout.
http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...nual&v=wcg
i just wanted to kow how "official it is? is just a rougue member´s l(ike me Smile ) idea on how this should be, or is it something more official?

anyways, i think adding screenshots and images to the documentation is a pretty important next step, and i will be able to see later this week what i can do there.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(mental block @ mar. 16 2005,19:20 Wrote:if anyone knows and easier way than me going through each screen and typing it out, then please shout! :d
i am not quite sure i follow you... things can easily be copy/ pasted.
looks fine to me. note that i've done a bit on the old "new settings" stuff that can be transferred over.

i think the "actual frequently asked questions" page should remain as prominent as possible. these are actual questions i have copied and pasted from here and from the xs forums. this should be the number 1 port of call for more noobs. perhaps cleaning it up a little so they are listed nicer.

also, a table of contents up the top of the new layout page so that there's not heaps + heaps of stuff to scroll through to get to where you want.

otherwise, looks fine. let me know any particular areas that you know absolutely nothing about and i'll see if i have some time to fill some stuff in.

cheers,
jonathan

is it the will of the powers that be, that these sections should be on the front page under " xbmc installation and configuration"?

# mymusic settings
-clean database
http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p....&v=16b6
(what is that anyways? same as clean music library?)

# screen calibration (i also linked this to the ui settings /settings page where it belongs)
yes - i renamed it to clean music library when i redid the settings before christmas. we're trying to get away from calling it a database as much as possible - music library is nicer to the computer illiterate.

cheers,
jonathan

ok, but should these entries be where they currently are?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Official Online Manual (Wiki)0