What are the differences between a SVN compiled build and a PPA build?
Question 
Hi all

First up I would just like say say what a great product XBMC for Linux is, the devs have done an awesome job. I am a MythTV user and having a product that actually works is a refreshing change. I am currently using XBMC for my media center plus MythTV frontend.

Now, I first went with the source version of XBMC and last night tried out the PPC version. I am on Ubuntu Hardy running under the guise of MythBuntu 8.04.1.

One thing I noticed is the very front menu is different in the source version and the PPC version - they are ordered differently. Is there any reason for this as I tend to like the source version order because that is what the family is used to. Any way to change the PPC version?

Also, the font size in the PPC version is alot smaller than the source version. How does one make it bigger?

I ask these questions as I am just about to rebuild the machine again with MythBuntu but this time will only use the MythTV backend and totally replace MythFrontend with XBMC. As the PPC version creates menu items etc I thought this would the the easiest way to get up and going again quickly.

We are quickly gaining an understanding of the menu items and how to drive the product. We absolutely love the Library mode and how XBMC automatically picks up new files without having to visit any sort of Manager beforehand. If (and when Smile) XBMC picks up commercial detection from MythTV it will be the ultimate media center in my opinion.

Anyway, if someone could assist me by answering my queires, it would be appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce
ppc? you probably mean ppa
Whoops, sorry. Yes, the compiled version available via apt-get. I have been looking at Mac related stuff a bit too much I think.

Cheers
Bruce
How do you tell what it considers SPAM? I'd never even noticed it before :-O

Not running the PPA version here - not for a long time. Does it include menu options for Myth etc. and if so is there a way to easily include those in the core SVN stuff? I'm not currently running Myth anywhere but I AM interested in it and do have a HDHomeRun just sitting - would love to know where things stand supporting those one day Wink As for commercial detection, isn't that done in Myth now? How would XBMC be expected to do anything with that or does Myth create a file that the player is supposed to honor for skipping commercialsHuh
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
There is no difference in PPA and SVN aside from install method. Basic support via cmyth is in both. As far as hdhomerun, I have no damn clue, I just fixed it's build/clean routines.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are the differences between a SVN compiled build and a PPA build?0