[REQUEST] Object Oriented Mod/Theme Addons support for skins by XBMC skinning-engine?
Or people could just get used to using diffs for a more rational modding process.
hikaricore Wrote:Or people could just get used to using diffs for a more rational modding process.

I don't think that's the issue (although I agree that diffs need to be used).

For example, I use List view for TV seasons and TV episodes -- I use some mods that Hitcher included (watched overlays, full/slim, etc) and love it.

Then, there's that other List mod that Leeuw has created. I would love to use that for music, but don't like it for TV seasons and episodes (he said he only really created it for movies/music).

This isn't possible now (unless I destroy another view, I suppose). It's not a matter of conflicting mods, but of multiple coexisting mods.
hikaricore Wrote:Or people could just get used to using diffs for a more rational modding process.

I don't even know what you mean by 'using diffs' so it's either I stop sharing my mods or carry on as I have been.
Hitcher....please carry on the great work! We all appreciate.

Just sounding out possible ways to make life easier for end users in applying mods, or better still, being able to keep Aeon, and to be able to switch different mods from the actual UI.

Whatever you do, don't stop doing what you're doing... every time a new mod is created, it takes a skin a little step forward, inspires others, and generates even more new ideas.

I think the 'diff' comment was that people should learn how to use diff tools (difference tools) to be able to work out the changes that modders have made etc.
The is presupposes that the end users are technically savvy and could understand a word of skin code / config. Unrealistic in my view. In my view, a great skin is not only how wonder it looks and operates, but how easy it is to apply by end users... which means a little more work for skinners (in some cases).

Sometimes, I wish I'd never mentioned the idea! lol... that's all it was!
Lightbulb 
Skins are cool - and mod's often makes them even cooler.
But - there need to be a way to streamline the mods/plugins for the skins.

So like the way we have plugins/skins for xbmc it would be nice to have plugin/mods for skins. So that you do not tamper with the original skin but just add to it.

Sorry I do not have any idea how to but just thought I would thow a ball up and hope someone would catch it.

/needtotest
sorry did not see this thread - so my request got moved.

But as mentioned above I like mod's but mixing them is a hazzle. So if we could come up with a way to have support for mods in the skins where you could turn them on/off. Mods of course needs to be split into tiny parts so that you can mix and match. Mods that mod the same part of the original skin will ofcourse rull out each other so only one can be selected/turned on.

Can this be handled in a sup folder structure where you just list "colors" / "views" ...
and under colors and views you would then again have more options - the skin should then list these in the skin mod setting section.

Could something like this be done?

/needtotest

edit #1
OK - read some of the thread and folders is not an option I guess. Can we have github support withing xbmc?
Or maybe an system skin that works as a base for all skins - so if a skin is outdated or missing some part ... then the base skin steps in?!?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Object Oriented Mod/Theme Addons support for skins by XBMC skinning-engine?0