Kodi wont launch
I have a fresh install of Windows 10 with 1909 update all drivers are good and using IBM w520 laptop. I just installed 18.6 kodi from website. When I open kodi it crashes immediately.  Do I need to install java or something that is dependent.

Here is logs can someone please help. Note I am also having an issue launching Microsoft Teams also 

CE: Checking resolution 16
2020-03-27 06:59:51.266 T:11420   ERROR: DX:Big GrineviceResources::CreateSwapChain: function call at line 500 ends with error: 80070057 - E_INVALIDARG (The parameter is incorrect.

2020-03-27 06:59:51.266 T:11420   ERROR: DX:Big GrineviceResources::ResizeBuffers: unable to create swapchain.
I used to be a beta tester for 10, and hell would freeze over before I would use it again.

However, if it is like 7, you can do an install day 1, install a few updates, day 2 it wants to install more updates, day 3 it wants to install more updates.

I would suggest keep clicking on check for updates so that you get the full updates.

Until you have installed every update some programs will not run.

I suppose it is microgreeds way of reducing server downloads and balancing it out. 

You are not giving full error logs, you need to do that before the Kodi team can help you more. However, as I say it might be because you still need to further update if for example you installed it twenty minutes ago.
Ok I think I did this correct. https://paste.kodi.tv/emufupohip.kodi
There's nothing in the plain log (full log Log file/Advanced (wiki) section 3. The Debug Mode code to add to the advancedsettings.xml file) to indicate the model options you have. Intel HD Graphics 3000 is insufficient, but the option NVIDIA® Quadro® 2000M might be able to run, but clearly it's dying on Direct X routines. If you do have the NVIDIA gfx option, then there's no sign of it in the log and you would in all likely-hood need to enable this in the computer bios, but irregardless in a 2011 laptop, it's not likely to support the current Kodi.

Suggest: Start here.
A laptop with a Intel® HD Graphics 3000 gpu should be able to work.
But then again, who knows what IBM changed under the hood.

Try a proper OS like Ubuntu 18.04 and install Kodi. Wink
You can boot it of a USB stick if you want.
That should work with 8 year old Intel Ivy Bridge graphics.
(2020-03-27, 21:30)Klojum Wrote: A laptop with a Intel® HD Graphics 3000 gpu should be able to work.
But then again, who knows what IBM changed under the hood.

Try a proper OS like Ubuntu 18.04 and install Kodi. Wink
You can boot it of a USB stick if you want.
That should work with 8 year old Intel Ivy Bridge graphics.
HD 3000 graphics isn't supported for Windows 10, as you need an Ivy Bridge or better for W10 support
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product...phics-3000

As Klojum has mentioned, try Linux

Unfortunately there are a lot of forum goers telling people: just upgrade or install Windows 10.  While the OS will install, driver support on older hardware hardware is limited, and when you try to do more than running a browser (games/media etc) you will find issues!
(2020-03-28, 19:37)jools5000 Wrote: HD 3000 graphics isn't supported for Windows 10, as you need an Ivy Bridge or better for W10 support

Hmm.. HD3000 = Ivy Bridge, AFAIK. My office PC is still a i3-3225 HD4000 machine running today, so Win10 shouldn't be a problem.
(2020-03-28, 20:42)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 19:37)jools5000 Wrote: HD 3000 graphics isn't supported for Windows 10, as you need an Ivy Bridge or better for W10 support

Hmm.. HD3000 = Ivy Bridge, AFAIK. My office PC is still a i3-3225 HD4000 machine running today, so Win10 shouldn't be a problem. 

According to the OP log file its Sandy Bridge
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...0-ghz.html
Okay, my bad. Still, HD3000 should work on Win10. Despite the bugs in the latest Windows update... Devil

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi wont launch0