Android MINIX NEO U22-XJ
I thank you guys for this thread and the informations about the minx neo u22 xj!
I discovered this player first some days ago. I saw the advertising and read the specs.
On paper and on advertisinbg this player looks great.
Nobody expect the people in this forum are telling you the tuth about this produc, that it can not even framerateswitching. This you don t see from the advertsiing and the specs on paper.
Thats all a big nightmare for the consumer. You can t thrust nothing and buying a player can fast become to a big nightmare if you see that the player isn t able to make esential things wich are necesary for smooth playback.
For me this all is a bogus on the enduser, becouse the promisses in advertising can t kept in real use.
Thanks god that i visist this forum bevore i ordered the device, but how many consumers will visit a special mediaplayer forum bevore the buy such an device?
The most buy such player and then they have the trouble. Thats not acetpabe!
I also can t understund whats up with minix. My first and only player from this company is the neo u9h and this is for me a great device.
I also use the A3 remote wich i ordered with the u9 and i can say that the A3 is also a nice device.
I hope that minx is getting the curve. FAST!
The h/w is certainly capable, but to @wrxtasy’s point, f/w development has been achingly slow to date. Also I’ve installed CoreELEC on many boxes, and this is the first one I’ve been unsuccessful with.

This box will probably mature and become good enough at some point, but the present pace doesn’t bode well for Minix given better options out there now.
Is the haredware not the same then ugoos player?
Sure the hardware might be powerfull enough to make all advertsing like framerate-switching possible.
But what does it help, if the software isn t supporting it?
It can t be, that specs and advertsining promssing smoth playback and framerateswitching and in reality its not working becouse lack of software.
I see this all from the viewpoint of a consumer/enduser.
To buy an android-player and expect that it make esential things like autoframrate switching in kodi is like playing russian roulette.
This can t be, Maybe the player is going really good in the future, but what helps it all the consumers yet wich bought this player and have only trouble with it?
No, makes so sense to spend money yet, for such an unfished product wich makes you only trouble.
The consumer must can thrust, that advertised essential functions for smoth playback are worrking correctly and exacty this he can not. Bogus!
(2020-07-19, 16:16)hdmkv Wrote: The h/w is certainly capable, but to @wrxtasy’s point, f/w development has been achingly slow to date. Also I’ve installed CoreELEC on many boxes, and this is the first one I’ve been unsuccessful with.

This box will probably mature and become good enough at some point, but the present pace doesn’t bode well for Minix given better options out there now.

CoreELEC works well on my Minix U22-XJ with 004FW. Can you use the right dtb file? I could start CE from USB 3.0 and I was able to install to eMMC with ceemmc command.
That's what I've been trying to do, using instructions exactly as on Minix forum. After I insert the USB stick, and use a paper clip in the reset hole, press the power button, and keep the reset button/hole held until the CoreELEC screen appears and let go... the CoreELEC screen just stays up w/o any activity for about 2 minutes and then starts throwing a bunch of error messages from top-left. Same thing happens using different USB stick, USB ports, redoing the image/dtb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U22-XJ0