What addons/repos do you use the most
I am wondering about some good addons and repos to use.
Youtube.  That is the only one I use and then I only use it as a cast receiver when I cast videos from my desktop, PC or phone.

TBH I have always found addons to be wholly unreliable.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2020-04-05, 00:36)speedwell68 Wrote: Youtube.  That is the only one I use and then I only use it as a cast receiver when I cast videos from my desktop, PC or phone.

They are nice to use when they work. Alot in the offical kodi repo don't work anymore
(2020-04-05, 00:38)derekthepenguinlord Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 00:36)speedwell68 Wrote: Youtube.  That is the only one I use and then I only use it as a cast receiver when I cast videos from my desktop, PC or phone.

They are nice to use when they work. Alot in the offical kodi repo don't work anymore 
Today I tried to get the Amazon addon to work.  It didn't work on install.  I did a lot of reading on the subject which lead me up various paths of hacky solutions and in the end I gave up.  TBH I gave up because I found Amazon Prime to be a poor service generally that I won't be continuing with when my free trial is up.  Most of the stuff on there I'm not interested in or have already seen.
(2020-04-05, 00:38)derekthepenguinlord Wrote:

This applies to every add-on, official or unofficial.
Personally I use YouTube, Twitch, Google Drive and Netflix addons.
They all use APIs and don't scrape webpages so it is unlikely to stop working.
API changes are not often.
Generally the rule of thumb for me is the official repo, any third party repo I have used comes from the same source of information.... this forum.

This for me is really the only trustworthy place for third party repos and addons.

Netflix I use quite a lot!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2020-04-05, 19:06)tjay260476 Wrote: Generally the rule of thumb for me is the official repo, any third party repo I have used comes from the same source of information.... this forum.

This for me is really the only trustworthy place for third party repos and addons.

Netflix I use quite a lot!
I can't trust any off them.  I think back to when I first got into XBMC.  The number of times I settled down to watch something on the iPlayer, ITV Player, Channel 4 or UKTV and discovered the addon had broken again was untrue.

These days I provide the content.
Just had a look and I only got YouTube and Retrospect actually. Hm.
...but those are gooood ! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What addons/repos do you use the most0