TVShow can't show in 2 different nodes
Hi.

Using Kodi 18.6 and Android TV.

I'm trying to add a TVShow to 2 different nodes so it shows in 2 different Main Menu items, both with different content, but been the same TVShow.

I have set up 2 different nodes with rules so they only get content from a different path in the share with the files, and they are working.

I put TVShows in 2 different folders in my HDD, one for past seasons and the other one for the present ones, so in Main Menu they show as "TVShows" which holds the whole series but the last season, and another node/Main Menu item called "Watching" in which I just put episodes I have not seen yet.

The problem is that when I scan just one of the 2 folders, the content goes to the right node, but once I scan both, instead of creating the TVShow in both nodes and put inside just the content that complies with the path rule, all the content goes to one of the nodes, vanishing from the other, even when the path rule is not been fulfilled by the content.

Is that how it should be or is there anything wrong?

How could I put the 2 nodes separated?

Thanks!
Might help if you post the xml for your nodes.  Also, I don't think you need to split your content into two directories.  If you set up one node to include all watched items and the other to exclude all watched then you can use one source for both nodes but still achieve what you are after.  I think.....
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-04-06, 11:10)black_eagle Wrote: Might help if you post the xml for your nodes.  Also, I don't think you need to split your content into two directories.  If you set up one node to include all watched items and the other to exclude all watched then you can use one source for both nodes but still achieve what you are after.  I think.....

Hi, thanks for quick reply.

I know about watched items, but I like to use 2 different nodes because I watch some TVShows 2 times, one with children and one alone, on different paces and also because not always I watch em with Kodi, so watched/unwatched would have to be set manually. Also, I think it may have the same problem, because is not just that content goes to one or another node whole without following rule, is that TVShow just show in one of them nodes, not even showing empty in the other.

Nodes are made with Node Editor addon.

This is the main node for TVShows with rule applied:

titles.xml
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="40" type="filter">
    <label>10024</label>
    <icon>DefaultTVShowTitle.png</icon>
    <content>tvshows</content>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>smb://TASSPC/Series Tass/</value>
    </rule>
</node>

This is the node which holds unwatched items:

tass.xml
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="10" type="filter">
    <label>Tass</label>
    <content>tvshows</content>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>smb://TASSPC/Series para ver/</value>
    </rule>
    <icon>/storage/emulated/0/Kodi Tass/Miniaturas/IconTass.png</icon>
</node>
Adding more info...

It looks to me that nodes are working ok, because once I add content from one of the sources (one or another, whatever order) it adds to the correct node, but once I add the second source, it gets all the content to one node and zero to the second. And when I delete the source with less content in it, the whole TVShow vanishes, even the episodes from the other source which is still scanned and online are gone.

Can it be that database can't hold 2 registers for the same TVShow but with a different path for content and when I scan the second source it overwrites the path info?
Or/and that the rule is been applied to TVShow instead of each episode?

Thanks!
As long as you use the same scraper for both directories then Kodi should add to any existing shows.

However, I can't get a node to list part of a tv show from a different directory.  I can however get it to list the episodes in the second list.  This appears to be the best/only option.  Unfortunately, it isn't possible to group that list by tv-shows.  If you change tass.xml so that the <content> is episodes rather than tvshows then you should see what I mean.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-04-06, 13:27)black_eagle Wrote: As long as you use the same scraper for both directories then Kodi should add to any existing shows.

However, I can't get a node to list part of a tv show from a different directory.  I can however get it to list the episodes in the second list.  This appears to be the best/only option.  Unfortunately, it isn't possible to group that list by tv-shows.  If you change tass.xml so that the <content> is episodes rather than tvshows then you should see what I mean.

It isn't adding show to both nodes it will just add to one and vanish the other. Maybe it's because of the custom nodes because DB ain't keeping both paths once them both are scraped.

Thanks for the episode content idea, but I need them to show as shows.

I guess there is no solution at this time, is this an intended behaviour (DB just holding 1 path and not creating 2 different show registers one for each path) or it could be added/fixed to a further update? Can I put it as a suggestion for a next update? It's also causing that if you add content from 2 shares for a single TVShow and then you delete one of the share, if that's the share which DB has registered the path, the whole TVShow will vanish instead that just the episodes from the deleted share.

Thanks a lot Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVShow can't show in 2 different nodes0