missing dependency with 2.1a2svn14555-hardy1 PPA build
just installed the newest PPA and XBMC wouldnt start up after that

got this when i tryed to run it in terminal

/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libfaac.so.0:

i just searched for libfaac in synaptic and installed it and now it works again.

You might wanna add this as a dependency or else it wont boot. Wasnt a problem in older builds.
Thank you for this information
I'll change it
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Want a clean no-ads paste bin? http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/
I installed fac and that fixed it (but it should be a dependency since the program won't even launch without it.)
Are you moving dependencies to the distro rather than the precomplied ones that comes with XBMC?

If so, I think that is a marvelous change.
We have to precompile libs so they can be wrapped to access our virtual file system and/or we can track their memory usage and various other stats. However, we have done away with versioning these libs in SVN in favor of compiling them with XBMC.
JackieBrown Wrote:I installed fac and that fixed it (but it should be a dependency since the program won't even launch without it.)

I have done the change, you should normally have it in
xbmc - 2.1a2svn14555-hardy2, xbmc - 2.1a2svn14555-gutsy2, xbmc - 2.1a2svn14555-intrepid2, xbmc - 2.1a2svn14555-feisty2
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Want a clean no-ads paste bin? http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
missing dependency with 2.1a2svn14555-hardy1 PPA build0