Prefered output settings not saving after each session
I have Kodi installed on a Ubuntu system with a Radeon graphics card.
The card has DVI output which I connect to HDMI input on my processor via an adapter.
In audio settings, I can switch from the internal audio processor to the Radeon card and get 5.1 sound (which was actually a surprise given DVI). It works,
but when I exit Kodi and re-start at a later time, my settings are lost and it reverts to the internal setting. I have to manually switch again.

What can I do about this?
Sounds to me like guisettings isn't saved. How do you exit Kodi?

Could you please get us a Debug Log?
(2020-04-09, 17:31)DaVu Wrote: Sounds to me like guisettings isn't saved. How do you exit Kodi?

I use the menu of options provided by Kodi to either exit or shutdown the system. I usually choose exit which returns me to my desktop workspace.
I will work to get a log and post link to it via instructions above.
(2020-04-09, 18:39)mjz3348 Wrote:
(2020-04-09, 17:31)DaVu Wrote: Sounds to me like guisettings isn't saved. How do you exit Kodi?

I use the menu of options provided by Kodi to either exit or shutdown the system. I usually choose exit which returns me to my desktop workspace.
I will work to get a log and post link to it via instructions above. 
I went to re-create the error so I can send a log and it all worked! I was expecting audio to go to the wrong output, but it was set the way I left it.
Also - 5.1 sound via DVI through an hdmi adapter works. The Radeon R5 240 card apparently supports audio through DVI. Movie channels sound good. I will still likely upgrade the card to HDMI quality for eventual 4K, but right now I have time to enjoy it as it is. When Kodi is configured properly it is simply awesome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prefered output settings not saving after each session0