Library Sorting
Question 
After SVN version 14418 (I am 14500+ now) the library sorting is in "Descending" no matter what setting I choose. In the file mode it sorts Ascending.

Is anyone else seeing this?

It happens with or without Aeon.
Im also having this problem. Using ppa daily builds rev 14555. Only happens in movie library not tv library.
First off relative version numbers are completely useless (aka 14500+) is it THAT hard to look up the last two digits?

Now, go to the button labeled "Sort by:<view name>" and press right. Focus will now be on something that looks like "^" (upside down in your case). Click it.
I think thats the problem al. Whenever i press right on the "sort by" it skips the "^" button. The "^" button cant be selected so i cant click it. This happens only in library mode, works fine in file mode.
Try in PM3, I won't support AEON. Works 100 in r14583.
althekiller Wrote:First off relative version numbers are completely useless (aka 14500+) is it THAT hard to look up the last two digits?

Now, go to the button labeled "Sort by:<view name>" and press right. Focus will now be on something that looks like "^" (upside down in your case). Click it.

I will try this tonight in PMIII, I was using Aeon before so maybe this is the problem. Does that icon match up to the sorting settings in the setup though? Either way, hopefully that is it, and thanks for the response.
Sounds like one of the views is saving information that it shouldn't be.

You can "fix" it by deleting renaming userdata/database/viewmode*.db

Please then determine EXACTLY how we may reproduce, starting with a fresh viewmode database.

Then post a bug report on trac.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Sounds like one of the views is saving information that it shouldn't be.

You can "fix" it by deleting renaming userdata/database/viewmode*.db

Please then determine EXACTLY how we may reproduce, starting with a fresh viewmode database.

Then post a bug report on trac.

Thanks,
Jonathan

How could it be possible not to have the userdata/database folder? I just checked and I don't have it. I have SVN:14555 now but I didn't have a userdata/database folder for any of the past installs that I can remember. Where is the library data being stored on Linux, because I definitely have a library saved and it "works" (besides the sorting and DVD playback). This is weird. Anyway, one of the devs doesn't need to respond because I know you prefer bug tickets in Trac, but if someone out there has this issue let me know so I can find the DB and maybe even do some queries on it to check/change my library info since I have been wanting to do that as well if possible.

Anyway, let me know if anyone has info on this strange behavior.

PS - The clicking "right" when on PMIII sort doesn't go to the sorting ^ it just moves into the movies section like another user reported.
~/xbmc is where userdata is put on linux.

Cheers
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:~/xbmc is where userdata is put on linux.

Cheers
Jonathan

I installed using PPA. When I try to go to /home/"me"/xbmc it doesn't exist there either. It has to be someplace since it is storing the information, but it is nowhere to be found.

I tried /usr/share/xbmc and /home/username/xbmc (which doesn't exist)
Try:

cd ~/.xbmc

It's a hidden folder.

jmarshall Wrote:Try:

cd ~/.xbmc

It's a hidden folder.

Ahh. Just did that and got in. So should I delete one of the databases so it can recreate properly? Just don't want to delete the wrong one.
ViewMode*.db should be removed, yes.

jmarshall Wrote:ViewMode*.db should be removed, yes.

I just removed it and the sorting was still not correct. I just rebooted Ubuntu and will try again.
JATWolf Wrote:I just removed it and the sorting was still not correct. I just rebooted Ubuntu and will try again.

It's still sorting descending all the time regardless of video settings... Don't understand it especially if others are getting correct sorting. Maybe it will take deleting the .db and then deleting all my library content and then rebuilding it? Do you have correct sorting with Ubuntu XBMC 14555? If so I can try the complete rebuild.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Sorting0