Library Sorting
You may also need to reset your settings. This can be done by removing guisettings.xml from userdata.

You do not need to rescan your library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thumbs Up 
jmarshall Wrote:You may also need to reset your settings. This can be done by removing guisettings.xml from userdata.

You do not need to rescan your library.

You are the man. That did it! Thanks for bearing with me on this one. Problem solved. Now I can focus on trying to get DVDs to play (unless that is a known bug and I will just wait for the SVN updates). It is looking awesome now and is pretty impressive. I will do some research too about finding how to query the video database so I can see what some of the items are that are mislabeled. There seems to be no way in XBMC to see what the source file is for a library item. Thanks a lot again for the very good help and have a good night...
Movie information should show you the filename of the item. This is in PM3 at least.

And please let us know if it happens to you again. Now that you know how to correct it, perhaps you can actually try and make it happen - once it's reproducible then it'll be simple to fix.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Movie information should show you the filename of the item. This is in PM3 at least.

And please let us know if it happens to you again. Now that you know how to correct it, perhaps you can actually try and make it happen - once it's reproducible then it'll be simple to fix.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Definitely. I will check out PMIII or something to see if I can find the file paths/filenames for the movies in question. Also, you are right, now that I see where the database is and the other settings files I will be able to try to break this more and fix it. And if I can break it again I will try to recreate the steps for you guys so it can be looked at.
Thanks very much Smile

For mislabeled videos, in ISO format, you may want to look at this tool -> http://www.billyad2000.co.uk/ It's slow but will create NFO files in the directories of movies it recognizes and allow you to edit information etc. Sadly I didn't use ISO format for my DVD until recently so it's of limited use for me and is only recognizing a small portion of my collection. May help you out though, however it doesn't deal directly with the movie database (bummer!).
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:For mislabeled videos, in ISO format, you may want to look at this tool -> http://www.billyad2000.co.uk/ It's slow but will create NFO files in the directories of movies it recognizes and allow you to edit information etc. Sadly I didn't use ISO format for my DVD until recently so it's of limited use for me and is only recognizing a small portion of my collection. May help you out though, however it doesn't deal directly with the movie database (bummer!).

Thanks for the tip, but most of my DVDs are VIDEO_TS folders.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Sorting0