Android [Android TV] How to choose subtitle stream?
I have a number of videos with embedded subtitle streams.  How can I select which subtitle stream (or none) is shown while playing a video?

The "CC" button on my television's (Sony XBR-85X900F) remote control doesn't do anything.

(This is making me crazy!)
See https://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles
You can use MKV toolnix to remove audio & subtitles. IF the sub is really hard code embedded you will never remove it. 

try mkv toolnix, it is very quick
@bubblegum57 - welcome back Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-04-10, 23:11)DarrenHill Wrote: @bubblegum57 - welcome back Wink

Thank You, & Thanks for the advice on the LE forum.  Big Grin
(2020-04-10, 22:48)FXB78 Wrote: See https://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles
Maybe I'm just missing it, but that doesn't appear to say anything about how to control subtitles in the Android TV app.
(2020-04-10, 23:01)bubblegum57 Wrote: You can use MKV toolnix to remove audio & subtitles. IF the sub is really hard code embedded you will never remove it. 

try mkv toolnix, it is very quick
My goal isn't to remove the subtitles from the MKV.  My goal is to be able to control which subtitle stream is shown (which may sometimes be none).

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Just about to answer, with Normal kodi, pause the video, along the bottom of the screen move right to the settings, then you can select audio channels or subtitles. 

I suspect you have an android tv, so I don't know iif you can do this.
Install keymap editor add-on and then map some key for switching subtitles. Beware that some buttons on newer SONY remotes cannot be mapped (subtitle is one of them on xg95 remote) but you can use any of numbers for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Android TV] How to choose subtitle stream?0