ProjectM crash
Smile 
Finally realized why I was getting a blank screen for visualizations while everyone else was talking about it working - wasn't turned ON! However as soon as it tried to visualize XBMC crashed to desktop - doh!

http://pastebin.ca/1086533 is the log
Hardy Heron 8.04
am on SVN 14583 built with Build.sh

I checked, the ProjectM.vis file that is called in the log does exist and in the ProjectM directory there are .milk files. It's possible I've got a setup problem here but since I had a good log etc. I figured I'd post just in case.Eek

Some more detail - was playing the "mixer" to select files, do not think this is an issue with my library. C2D CPU running 32bit code. Can try for a BT later if needed, am hoping this is easily reproducable or a screw up on my part..
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Where's the backtrace from core file?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Also, do you have a projectM.conf in ~/.xbmc/userdata/visualisations

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Gah, not done one yet per above. Let me try to reproduce it, just crashed it testing out VOB/IFO playback but it didn't land on desktop. Pretty sure I can do this crash consistently
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Gonna need more specific means to reproduce and/or bt.
Okay, working on trying to reproduce. It looks like I ought to be able to use the core I've already got if I can find it - seems this isn't something that gets overwritten. Music playing now in Party Mode! so just waiting for Viz to come up and hopefully crashBig Grin Yup, just did! Will BT in a second and post to this posting - take me a few as I've never done this!
Actually, in your case, look for projectM.conf in:

/home/blkmgk/XBMC/BUILD//userdata/visualisation directory

tslayer Wrote:Actually, in your case, look for projectM.conf in:

/home/blkmgk/XBMC/BUILD//userdata/visualisation directory

Not seeing a config file and except for the projectM subdirectory I see no refrence to projectM there either! However when this first crashed and I looked at the log I saw the .vis file it was calling - I could swear! Not finding core either dang it Sad Have to run out to store with woman right now but will be back ASAP to work this. Grr!
The config file *should* get created on first access.

I guess we'll see once you reproduce with core Smile

Thanks..

Does not look like there is any core (I was able to reproduce).

Any reason why you are using build.sh still? I have a feeling that will go away soon.

Also, I suggest using platform mode. Just do a ./configure; make; sudo make install

Something is wrong when not using platform mode and I have no idea what Smile

When using platform mode no crashes/exits with regards to projectM.

I suggest trying that.

Ah, thank you - am not crazy then, glad to hear it was reproducible for others! Am building as you suggested. Should there be any make cleaning etc. being done?

Oh and I've been using build.sh forever. Lots of work seemed to have been done in it so that jsut seemed liek the way to go!Laugh
If you want to be safe, make clean or make distclean is good to run Smile

Hmm.. Should be fixed now. Please try latest SVN.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProjectM crash0