[EventServer] Can anything be learned from EventGhost?
Question 
Can anything be learned from EventGhost?, maybe even use some source code from that application software or its plugins?

Huh

[b]EventGhost[/b]
http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/EventGhost:About
http://sourceforge.net/projects/eventghost/

EventGhost is an open source automation tool for Microsoft Windows, that can be extended through plugins, (in fact the plugin system is the most integral part of EventGhost. Every action EventGhost does and every event it sees, is implemented through a plugin, even the most basic ones. So every plugin has equal rights as built-in functions, because they are actually the same. The user can configure and use them through a consistent and hopefully easy to learn interface).

EventGhost is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL). EventGhost is written mostly in Python with some low-level parts in C. Plugins can be written in any language that can produce DLLs, like C, C++, Delphi and Visual Basic. But of course they can also easily be written in Python.

If we could even just use its plugins somehow then we would at least for Microsoft Windows gain support for a lot of remotes:
http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/Receivers
http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/Plugin_List

Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I havent looked at eventghost but it might be possible to make a plugin to make it an eventclient. the c++ header works with windows so it sounds possible.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
You should take a closer look at EventGhost as the its concept sounds exacly like XBMC's EventServer concept.

I think that it would be very cool if XBMC could be made use plugins designed for EventGhost with only some modifications (for XBMC keymapping, etc.). Would it be possible to make XBMC's EventServer be compatible with EventGhost that way so their plugins could be used in XBMC without the user installing EventGhost?
http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/Plugin_List

PS! OFF-TOPIC; for consistancy should we maybe look to try to make an EventClient for the Xbox DVD-Remote Kit on the Xbox (for the Xbox version of XBMC I mean), and also another one with the keymapping for Microsoft Windows Media Center Extender Remote for the Xbox. That way the Xbox version of XBMC will also use the EventServer for its remotes as well. One unified API for all remotes on all platforms.
i dont think we can use the plugins for eventghost as they are plugins and probably require a DLLloader where eventclients are standalone apps. i suspect we can make eventghost be able to send to our eventserver though. ill hope i can take a look at it when in home for a few days next week to verify if its possible. but i wont be able to write anything though Smile

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I've checked abit at eventghost now and it's most possible to create a plugin for EventGhost to control XBMC (Might actually try to create one tonight when I get windows online)

This is a wip but it's something before my trip: http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...f=10&t=894

Also @ any windows dev. I think that we can steal ALOT of code from EventGhost regarding the MCE Remote, it's python and it could easily be integrated as an eventclient. (Atleast it looks easy from my fast check on it Smile )

Topfs2,
any progress on this?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Nope, as said. On vaccation Rolleyes
Ill pick up the development in september earliest, but Im mostly a linux dev and have a bit of other priorities first but I think I can get it quite usefull before september ends.

If you have any comments and suggestions feel free to add them here and Ill attend to them.

P.S there was another on this forum who had done some additions to my start but I havent looked through them.

Cheers topfs2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[EventServer] Can anything be learned from EventGhost?0