Protect dangerous menu items and lock views
Hi.

Thinking on a Kodi setup that would be used by children, wife and (God forgive me) my mother in law  No  ,with lots of custom editings for library items, it would be great to have a way to protect menu items that can change the library in anyway.

For example, actually I can protect Settings with master lock, same with addons. And I can hide nodes with visibility options.

What I suggest is that "dangerous" items and buttons like the ones in "Manage..." menu button (delete item, rename, etc), "Delete" or "Rename" in any form, or "Change Information Provider" in Music, or "Change art" or "Refresh", these last three able to cause changes in library, things like that, been able to be put behind a masterlock code and also to set up visibility to SystemIs.Master condition. That is, having 2 options in settings like:

"Hide dangerous items if no master"
"Protect dangerous items with Masterlock"

And also been able to block (masterlock) changes in view modes, so say they can't change List 3D mode to Wall 3D, etc.

Besides, I think this is a bug, but will say it here too. When you protect settings with Mastercode, you can't enter "Settings" page from Main Menu, BUT, if you are in Movies, and press LEFT so the side menu is shown, and there you go for Settings, you don't get asked for masterlock code and enter in settings.

Thanks a lot Smile
What is Master Lock? I've only ever heard of Kiosk Mode.
(2020-04-14, 21:45)FXB78 Wrote: What is Master Lock? I've only ever heard of Kiosk Mode.

Kodi 18.6 Settings/Interface/MasterLock.

Maybe "Master block" not sure, i'm translating it, my Kodi is in Spanish.
(2020-04-14, 22:34)TassMetal Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 21:45)FXB78 Wrote: What is Master Lock? I've only ever heard of Kiosk Mode.

Kodi 18.6 Settings/Interface/MasterLock.

Maybe "Master block" not sure, i'm translating it, my Kodi is in Spanish.  
Ah yes, you are right, it is Master Lock. I never even knew that existed Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Protect dangerous menu items and lock views0