Kodi and comodo antivirus software
Hi,

I was using Kodi 17.6 and comodo antivirus with no problem until today.

I upgraded Kodi to 18.6 revision and experienced a lot of problem with internet acces within Kodi. I deactivated comodo for a few minutes and Kodi worked fine.

Someone else has the same problem here : https://forums.comodo.com/antivirus-help...211.0.html

What surprises me is that comodo was OK with Kodi 17.6. I did not upgrade comodo and it slows Kodi 18.6.

Is this a known issue ?

Thanks
(2020-04-20, 17:48)MikaOpenFile Wrote: Is this a known issue ?

Nope. But it's not uncommon for antivirus software to present 'false positives' for whatever reason.
We've have a couple of these hiccups over the years, which all turned out to be false.
(2020-04-20, 18:27)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 17:48)MikaOpenFile Wrote: Is this a known issue ?

Nope. But it's not uncommon for antivirus software to present 'false positives' for whatever reason.
We've have a couple of these hiccups over the years, which all turned out to be false. 

There is no alert from comodo antivirus. It does not detect any kodi programs. It only slows the software !
It's not been reported here prior to your thread. But as noted it's not unusual for anti-virus software by its nature to cause issues like this (and the mentioned false-positive quarantines too).

If you haven't already then let them know about it (or add to the thread you linked to) as it's their end that needs to be worked on.

But we have noted it in case it does get raised again, so thank you for highlighting it Smile
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and comodo antivirus software0