Req Best TV for my needs?
Lightbulb 
Currently I'm running a 2019 Nvidia Shield (tube) with a Sharp Aquos LC-65D64U. The TV was very nice for a 1080p TV at $4000 when I bought it about 10 years ago, but I feel it's time to make the upgrade to 4K.

I am a 100% Kodi only user for TV shows and movies through my Shield. I quite frankly only use the SiriusXM, Spotify, and Youtube TV addons infrequently, primary focus is Kodi.

What I "think" I want out of a TV is:

-65 inch
-OLED
-4K 120Hz
-HDR
-Dolby Vision
-Dolby Atmos
-eARC
-DTS-HD
-HDMI 2
-HDMI CEC

What I'm not sure about because I'm still an amateur:

-WESA
-Nvidia GSYNC
-HDR10+
-HLG
-HDMI 2.1

1. Given that this is a Kodi only TV primarily, are my wants realistic for use?
2. Are there any technical issues potentially between the TV, Shield, and Kodi that I'm unaware of?
3. Will everything just "work" with minimal fuss?
4. Do I need any of the optional things in your opinion?

Also, my budget is $2500 and from a little research I believe these are the leading candidates.

LG OLED65CXPUA or LG OLED65C9PUA

Am I wasting money because of a lack of the features working in Kodi or is there simply a better alternative for my needs in your opinion? Thanks in advance!
I would probably look into hdr10+ too since Kodi can implement that but not Dolby vision. But since TVs have built in netflix, it would also be nice to have Dolby vision
(2020-04-21, 04:34)auren Wrote: I would probably look into hdr10+ too since Kodi can implement that but not Dolby vision. But since TVs have built in netflix, it would also be nice to have Dolby vision

Is there a comparable OLED competitor to the listed LG's and in the same price range?
Not sure if panasonic oled fits your price range. It doesn't have 120hz but very nice PQ. Has both Dolby vision and hdr10+. Also doesn't have hdmi 2.1. Maybe a Samsung?
(2020-04-21, 04:43)auren Wrote: Not sure if panasonic oled fits your price range. It doesn't have 120hz but very nice PQ. Has both Dolby vision and hdr10+. Also doesn't have hdmi 2.1. Maybe a Samsung?

Panasonic OLED"s definitely DO have 100/120Hz - I have one a 2019 GZ Panny OLED.
IMHO they have the best Picture Processing and Color Accuracy out of the box - that is exactly why I bought one.
2019 LG OLED's were still playing catchup in that area vs Panasonic.

If you are chasing picture quality then there is extra Picture Processing tech to consider:

AI Super Resolution Picture Upscaling on 4K TV's (click)

You use Kodi auto Resolution switching and let such TV's with their Superior upscaling tech do all non 4K content upscaling.

Such AI upscaling using dedicated, powerful TV picture processors will do a better job vs the limited AI upscaling a 2019 Shield can do.
The end result is a Sharper, Cleaner looking picture outputs that work with ALL video content.

Basically LG 2019 C series and 2020 CX series OLED's are going to give a user HDMI 2.1 and lots of gaming support going forward inc. Nvidia GSYNC.
Plus you get eARC.

I doubt you will find any TV that has DTS-HD audio support. That is not how eARC works. eARC is a lossless audio passthru technology.

And if you are into serious 4K HDR gaming OLED's win:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best TV for my needs?0