Release Tag Overview
@fnord12 We haven't needed to modify tags for a little while but today when I went to do it I noticed that tag list contained *all* tags rather than just the tags we created to use as favorite markers for each family member like it did previously. I'm not sure if this would be due to changes in something python3, or possibly a new version of the video database. Do you have any ideas? It still works but it's a pain to have to scroll through the huge list of tags - the `previous` behavior is definitely preferred.

Thanks!
Hey @teriyaki  I am unfortunately kind of useless here.  I don't intend to upgrade v19 or support that version AND I've never used profiles so I don't know much about how they work or if anything has changed about them in v19.  Since you were able to modify some of the code to get it working in v19, here's what I can tell you:

You can find the parsing for profiles in CDatabase.py.  Top of the file sets some variables regarding the paths of the profiles, and then the getASpath function looks to see if profiles exist, or else it uses the masterprofile.  Based on what you describe, my first theory is that something has changed in v19 about the location (?) of the profiles, and therefore getASpath isn't finding the individual profiles and is using the masterprofile instead.  That theory could be wrong!  But it sounds like it might fit.

It seems like the Wiki is still (correctly) showing information for v18 - for example the Database page still shows the schema for the v116 database instead of v118.  So similarly i assume that the Profiles page is still showing the v18 info.  And therefore maybe you can check and see if you can locate the profiles where the documentation says there will be.  If not, that would validate my theory, and then we could look into changing the variables at the top of CDatabase.py.  If they ARE still at the expected location, we'll have to come up with a new theory!

Sorry to offload the investigation to you but i'm not in a good position to set up a test environment at the moment.

It would also be good if we could find the schema for v118 but i don't think a change there is the issue.  Also, probably the first thing to do is turn on the debugger and trigger the tagoverview program and see if anything gets written to the log, if you haven't already.
Maintaining a few add-ons for v18 including PseudoTV (Classic), Tag Overview, and Autosub: https://github.com/fnord12
@fnord12 Thanks for your reply! We don't use profiles here, only whatever it created on the first run of Kodi. We do though use tags instead of the built-in `favorites`. Each family member has their own `favorite` tag and then we use menu items + library nodes to list whatever combination of favorites. For example, if all of us are watching tv together, we use the library node that checks for all our personalized tags being present for the tv shows. If just a couple of us are watching tv together, we use the library node that checks for just those peoples tags. And so on.

I compile Kodi from git so we can help find bugs/test and we're currently on video database version 119. It switched from 118 back on Jul 30th so I'm going to compile for 1 merge prior to that and check what the behavior is like with database version 118. I swear TagOverview only listed our self-created tags since we've been on 119 though. I'm going to do some further investigation & bisecting to see if I can't figure out where/what changed. I assume self-created tags are (or were) identifiable or segregated in some way, otherwise I don't know how the TagOverview behavior could've been different before.
Oh sorry for misunderstanding.  As far as i can tell, there's no special handling for "self-created" tags in tagoverview, and in the Kodi database the tag metadata is basically nonexistent so i don't know how self-created tags would be distinguished from others.   (That's why i assumed profiles.)

I wonder if you recently changed to the python scrapers?  I noticed that they have a default setting that "creates keywords as tags" or something like that, which i didn't like as a default because i have a carefully curated list of tags! (It's easy to turn off that setting and delete the unwanted tags, ofc.)   So is it possible that something along those lines is causing your tag list to get populated?  Or did you always have additional tags beyond the ones you created yourself/selves?   If so, do you know how they got there?  And I will look again at the code to see if there is something filtering the tag list down.
Maintaining a few add-ons for v18 including PseudoTV (Classic), Tag Overview, and Autosub: https://github.com/fnord12
@fnord12 I think you figured it out, or at least have a solid theory going. I did recently try the new python3 scrapers for tmdb but I only glanced over the settings briefly and that "create keywords as tags" thing could've easily slipped past me. And it would explain why my tag list is sudden populated with tons of mostly crap tags we didn't put there. We've never seen additional tags previously, only the ones we created. I agree with you 100% that an option like that should not be enabled by default with my bloated tag list as a perfect example of why. I'm gonna verify your theory after dinner but I'm certain that's what happened!

Edit:
Yeah, that had to have been what happened. There's a json method to get all the tags but unfortunately no json method to delete one so I'm going to have to do it manually with the remote in TagOverview, which is going to SUCK. I didn't even add much to the library since trying that addon and it still added a ton of tags.  Not only should that feature be disable by default, it should come with a warning when you turn it on that it can quickly spam/bloat the hell out of your tag list. Angry
(2019-09-07, 20:43)fnord12 Wrote: I've updated this addon to work in Krypton and Leia, and made a few other small improvements.  I haven't tested in Matrix (v19).  Please see the readme before trying.  If you run into problems, I will try to fix.

https://github.com/fnord12/script.tagoverview
Hi @fnord12 
I tested this add-on today on Kodi 19rc1 Matrix and it appears to have broken this great add-on that is really important to some, and me included

As you mentioned you might maintain this addon I am pinging you..
If not, any chance that somebody has the time to try and repair it for Matrix 19.xx ?
Would be truly great if at all possible. It is well beyond my skillset I'm afraid..

Here's the error in a log snippet, if someone can decipher it:
https://paste.kodi.tv/cofawixoqo
Hi @houser unfortunately I don't intend to move to v19 any time soon and so when I say I'm maintaining this addon I mainly mean helping people who are having trouble with 18.  Sorry!  But @teriyaki did post upthread the code changes that would need to be done for 19 if someone wants to fork my version and create a v19 branch.   

Your error is showing one of those changes; for Python 3 (Kodi v19 moves from Python 2 to 3) all "print" commands need to have the arguments put in parenthesis.  The other is around the handling of unicode.  teriyaki's code changes address all of that.
(2021-01-18, 18:09)fnord12 Wrote: Hi @houser unfortunately I don't intend to move to v19 any time soon and so when I say I'm maintaining this addon I mainly mean helping people who are having trouble with 18.  Sorry!  But @teriyaki did post upthread the code changes that would need to be done for 19 if someone wants to fork my version and create a v19 branch.   

Your error is showing one of those changes; for Python 3 (Kodi v19 moves from Python 2 to 3) all "print" commands need to have the arguments put in parenthesis.  The other is around the handling of unicode.  teriyaki's code changes address all of that.
Thanks for the heads-up @fnord12 . Appreciated!
If @teriyaki has a version that might work on Matrix, I would appreciate a link. to test it. Many thanks regardless!
@fnord12 , @houser

I can make a fork with the proper commits. I'll post a link here once it's done (today is a busy day for me but I should be able to get to it later).
(2021-01-20, 01:05)teriyaki Wrote: @fnord12 , @houser

I can make a fork with the proper commits. I'll post a link here once it's done (today is a busy day for me but I should be able to get to it later).
That sounds fab. I will definitely test it as soon as I see it. I am still surprised this functionality is not middle of the road in Kodi.
Many thanks if you can get to it at some point..
(2021-01-20, 01:14)houser Wrote:
(2021-01-20, 01:05)teriyaki Wrote: @fnord12 , @houser

That sounds fab. I will definitely test it as soon as I see it. I am still surprised this functionality is not middle of the road in Kodi.
Many thanks if you can get to it at some point..

Today is busy too (still) but I tried to squeeze this in. Pretty sure I didn't miss anything if you'd like to give it a spin: https://github.com/bacon-cheeseburger/sc...agoverview
Quote:Today is busy too (still) but I tried to squeeze this in. Pretty sure I didn't miss anything if you'd like to give it a spin: https://github.com/bacon-cheeseburger/sc...agoverview
@teriyaki 
Yup, that works as expected as far as I can tell on my dev system. Great! Thanks so much! Both key command and JSON string is working.
Just one question then:
So if I go ahead and install it on a system that has a couple of thousand existing tags from the old version in Leia, will it retain the old tags
or will the tag overview add-on install be replaced with your placeholder tags in the kodi db? Many thanks again!
(2021-01-21, 02:40)houser Wrote:
Quote:Today is busy too (still) but I tried to squeeze this in. Pretty sure I didn't miss anything if you'd like to give it a spin: https://github.com/bacon-cheeseburger/sc...agoverview
@teriyaki 
Yup, that works as expected as far as I can tell on my dev system. Great! Thanks so much! Both key command and JSON string is working.
Just one question then:
So if I go ahead and install it on a system that has a couple of thousand existing tags from the old version in Leia, will it retain the old tags
or will the tag overview add-on install be replaced with your placeholder tags in the kodi db? Many thanks again!
The existing tags should be left untouched. If there's any doubt or for testing purposes I'd recommend making a backup copy of your database before hand. At least then in the event something goes wrong, it's easy to restore.
Hello @teriyaki 

Just a note that I have now tested your fork 0.1.2 of this excellent add-on with the first Libreelec beta.
The add-on installs and opens but is unresponsive when opened.
Any chance you take a look at it when you have a moment?
I guess something could be broken in the beta too..but if you can check it that would be great.
Many thanks.
(2021-03-21, 10:51)houser Wrote: Hello @teriyaki 

Just a note that I have now tested your fork 0.1.2 of this excellent add-on with the first Libreelec beta.
The add-on installs and opens but is unresponsive when opened.
Any chance you take a look at it when you have a moment?
I guess something could be broken in the beta too..but if you can check it that would be great.
Many thanks.

Do you see any error messages in the kodi log? When you open tagoverview does the gui freeze completely or just get really slow? Do you know if the libreelec you're using is based on Kodi 19/Matrix or a previous version that uses python2? My fork is for python3 only which means Kodi 19 or newer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tag Overview0