• 6(current)
Fanart & Backdrops websites?
Problem while trying to upload files

Warning: move_uploaded_file(backdrops/tt0996925/1.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home101c/sub004/sc12436-RBYT/sites/moviebackdrops/handler.php5 on line 39

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/upload_tmp/phpsmxpmz' to 'backdrops/tt0996925/1.jpg' in /mounted-storage/home101c/sub004/sc12436-RBYT/sites/moviebackdrops/handler.php5 on line 39

Upload Result

Please press back and try again.
Can you add fanart using Project Mayhem III skin?
@defee: I'll talk to Scott more about it and see if we can fix it soon, it's probably a result of moving the server (after he wrote the site, but before we went live).

@plankton88: Project Mayhem III has FanArt, you have to go into the Skin Options. If you need more help finding it, PM me.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Sorry, forgot to ask, but defee, can you zip up the pictures you tried to upload and give me a link via PM. Maybe it's a dimensions thing or some other kind of format issue... it'll help us figure it out (I hope).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
It's working now Smile
Same here today -

Warning: move_uploaded_file(backdrops/tt0113987/1.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home101c/sub004/sc12436-RBYT/sites/moviebackdrops/handler.php5 on line 39

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/upload_tmp/phpAS9x4R' to 'backdrops/tt0113987/1.jpg' in /mounted-storage/home101c/sub004/sc12436-RBYT/sites/moviebackdrops/handler.php5 on line 39
Just curious...how difficult would it be to add a feature to the scraper that would let you upload a backdrop directly from XBMC? Something next to "get fanart" where you could click "add fanart" and it would give you a dialogue asking if you want to upload to themoviedb? I try to add all the new ones I make, but I do it so frequently, I often forget to set the files aside and just put them in the movie's folder...
digitalhigh Wrote:Just curious...how difficult would it be to add a feature to the scraper that would let you upload a backdrop directly from XBMC? Something next to "get fanart" where you could click "add fanart" and it would give you a dialogue asking if you want to upload to themoviedb?
Sounds like a good idea in theory to me, however the upstream sites (like TheTVDB.com and MovieBackdrops.com) first have to implement an open API that make it simple for software like XBMC to upload things like FanArt to their sites. So I suggest that you post about this idea in the forums of TheTVDB.com, and also a new separate thread in our feature suggestion forum (together with a matching feature request on trac for tracking purposes).

PS! Only indirectly related but FYI; ALLPlayer features a similar function for submitting subtitles to opensubtitles.org, (they have implement an automatic upload feature that after 80% of watching a movie with subtitles the subtitle uploaded directly to the site), you can read more about API here: http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/o...vReadFirst
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Sounds like a good idea in theory to me, however the upstream sites (like TheTVDB.com and MovieBackdrops.com) first have to implement an open API that make it simple for software like XBMC to upload things like FanArt to their sites. So I suggest that you post about this idea in the forums of TheTVDB.com, and also a new separate thread in our feature suggestion forum (together with a matching feature request on trac for tracking purposes).

PS! Only indirectly related but FYI; ALLPlayer features a similar function for submitting subtitles to opensubtitles.org, (they have implement an automatic upload feature that after 80% of watching a movie with subtitles the subtitle uploaded directly to the site), you can read more about API here: http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/o...vReadFirst

One issue is that scrapers can combine information from multiple sources. As a result, end-users might not know which backdrops are coming from which site and wouldn't know if they should upload the backdrop or not. Additionally, this will almost definitely lead to duplicate backdrops because of people not being careful and/or software automatically uploading the backdrops. Finally, we like being strict about stuff... it leads to better data. Certain post-back interfaces are already in the API, but they all relate to the user data. Allowing post-backs of series data and backdrops is iffy, IMHO, since the end user won't get all of the warnings, details, procedures, context, etc before sending their data.

So in a nutshell, I'm still undecided on this.

Additionally, I'm trying to work with travisbell in merging the two movie backdrop sites. I think we're both hoping for his frontend and my API, which would allow us to seamlessly transfer the domain over and allow him to handle the data with his sweet frontend. Smile
szsori Wrote:Additionally, I'm trying to work with travisbell in merging the two movie backdrop sites. I think we're both hoping for his frontend and my API, which would allow us to seamlessly transfer the domain over and allow him to handle the data with his sweet frontend. Smile
whatever you do please keep images at their original size...
there are almost 1000 1080p movies fanart images uploaded to travis site and to have them resized to 720p would really be a shame
There will be no re-sizing, fret not Big Grin

Just working on making sure the API can be seamlessly migrated and will also probably incorporate a new (and final) domain name.

Curious, what apps right now are using moviebackdrops.com API?
szsori Wrote:One issue is that scrapers can combine information from multiple sources. As a result, end-users might not know which backdrops are coming from which site and wouldn't know if they should upload the backdrop or not. Additionally, this will almost definitely lead to duplicate backdrops because of people not being careful and/or software automatically uploading the backdrops. sending their data.
Finally, we like being strict about stuff... it leads to better data...

The thought crossed my mind about people uploading dupe backdrop images...which is why I wouldn't recommend this as a feature available to ALL users. Those of us who are constantly creating brand-new backdrops for every movie that they get are few and far between. Maybe have an option to turn it on and off in the control panel...or just have it mapped to a lesser-known keyboard command?

And as an added check, a feature could probably be implemented where it showed the thumbnails of backdrops already uploaded, a thumbnail of the one to be uploaded, and then a big box that says "MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT UPLOADING DUPLICATE IMAGES." Hell, make several boxes..."are you SURE?" kind of thing. I think with a bit of dummy-proofing, it could be a very valuable feature for everyone involved.

Oh, and I can't wait to see the merged sites. What a fantastic idea. Make sure to lemme know when the URL is changed
travisbell Wrote:There will be no re-sizing, fret not Big Grin

Just working on making sure the API can be seamlessly migrated and will also probably incorporate a new (and final) domain name.

Curious, what apps right now are using moviebackdrops.com API?

XBMC and one of the plugins for Meedio definitely. I would guess that someone from Media Portal is using them as well, but I haven't verified on their forums yet. They're pretty good about implementing stuff like this pretty quickly.
What does everyone think is a good size for a thumbnail?

I have to already create a new size for the website banner at 780x439, is that good enough? Or are we thinking smaller than that?
I'd think either 1/8 or 1/4 of the original size...good for people who like the high-rez previews and such.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart & Backdrops websites?0