• 2(current)
Fanart & Backdrops websites?
Also, if anyone has backdrops they want me to add in bulk, please PM me with a link to each set. That will allow me to keep track of what's going on. Additionally, they MUST be named so they have the IMDB ID in the filename. The MeediOS ones are perfect... <IMDBID>.jpg. I can do a bulk resize on my end, so it's fine if they're 1920x1080. PLEASE still send me a PM, though, since I don't want to upload duplicates if someone starts uploading a set already.
Ahh, thanks for the reply. That clears up my questions. One more for you though. I did not see any mention of standards for fanart. I think it should be handled in a similar manner to thetvdb. ie no resized crap quality, no LOGOS, etc etc. What do you think? Also I was going to go through and add all the posters from CRNI but it looks like you have that covered so I will only do the ones I have personally made. Cheers.
just added 80 in 30 mins!
Yeah, no resized garbage and no logos if at all possible. I'll be tweaking the design this weekend in order to drop those annoying iframes and I'll put that text on the site at the same time.

I'll also be adding a donation button on the site. The server space is being provided by another XBMC user. He has cancer and as a result has expensive medicine costs. I figured I'd ask anyone using the site to try contributing a few bucks so we can try covering his monthly drug costs.
smokeyfingaz Wrote:just added 80 in 30 mins!

That must be why it is taking so long for me to add mine Wink Some of my very very obscure fanart looks a little wonky after the resize/compression. I will put up the ones that still look ok. If any of them don't pass the test though I can take em down. Cheers.
You'll probably all get slow uploads, although download speeds are quite fast. The server is in Europe, which means it should go fast for you Europeans. Cheaters. Wink
I've set up a site for music, game, pictures, weather etc backdrops.

http://www.htbackdrops.com

It's certainly not as professional as szsori's but there were some great backdrops kind of floating around in the "cloud" and getting lost so I wanted a place to store these and also where anyone can upload new non-movie, non-TV backdrops.

Hopefully you will find it useful and consider contributing backdrops for your favorite band or performer.

The site is tag-based, not category-based since many musicians switch bands or release albums solo. This way you can add multiple tags and the image can search on either.

Any comments are welcome.
Very cool! If we could get music fanart scraped as well I think your site would get more use. Games are cool too, except now with multiple platforms I can foresee it being harder to get a game scraper. Cheers.
Lightbulb 
nuzecast Wrote:I've set up a site for music, game, pictures, weather etc backdrops.

http://www.htbackdrops.com

It's certainly not as professional as szsori's but there were some great backdrops kind of floating around in the "cloud" and getting lost so I wanted a place to store these and also where anyone can upload new non-movie, non-TV backdrops.

Hopefully you will find it useful and consider contributing backdrops for your favorite band or performer.

The site is tag-based, not category-based since many musicians switch bands or release albums solo. This way you can add multiple tags and the image can search on either.

Any comments are welcome.
Cool! Does the site have an API so it makes it easy for a scaper to search it?
...checkout TheTVDB.com (you could even get the code from there as szsori has open sourced it)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tvdb/

By the way, feel free to start a new thread in this forum to promote your site (szsori should do the same).

PS! You should promote your sites on MediaPortal and MeediOS forums as well if you like more contributers.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Has anyone here tried the previously mentioned patch for IMDB's scraper? If so what kind of results?
To be honest I don't know if it does .. it's an open source photo gallery called coppermine .. I looked at allmusic but I couldn't see an artist ID to use to link the images to (like szsori uses the IMDB number) .

If there is one then you could use that as a tag (maybe with a prefix?) to single out the artist ...
Hey, szsori...I didn't check the images yet, but I was wondering if you had my pack uploaded to the site already, or if I need to re-name all of the images in it to imdb numbers?
Smile 
@digital: It'd be better if you rename them to the imdb numbers first as it'll make it easier on our end.

@FourTwentySmilz: Sorry it took so long to respond, I've been thinking of using an image gallery script to host these on BlackMarket, but decided against it when Szsori and I talked about the other site.

@WhoEver asks if Spiff's patch works: Yes Big Grin

Hope this helps...
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I can also confirm that the patch does work. Now here is my question. Obviously there aren't a lot of backdrops yet since it was littlerly just put up. That means a lot of my movies don't have fanart for them. If I run the scraper again, it doesn't check for new fanart. I actually just uploaded a fanart picture and tried just to make sure. Is it even possible to incorporate a feature into the scraper that checks to see if new fanart is uploaded for those that don't have it yet?
@xeonic: The best suggestion I have for that is if you check the "Movie Information" on the movies that you just uploaded it for (or any others that don't have fanart yet) and click the "Get Fanart". I know it can be a pain in the butt, but it's probably easier then doing a "Set Content" to None, then resetting it back to IMDB and rescanning from scratch. (I've done it that way and broke some of the movies in my library more then once.)

Hopefully someone can come up with a better solution for you, but that's off the top of my head and I just took my meds Rolleyes
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart & Backdrops websites?0