• 2(current)
xbmc01's "Aeon Lite" - optimised for Xbox
Sorry for the double post but this is also happening to me in Back-Row.Am I suppose to be browsing for a icon or something?My images just don't show up when I try to set "folder Image"When I browse for Image back round they come up in a little box,but for folder they are simply not there.
Thanks djh.
I love the idea of and xbox version for this skin. I've been worried that Aeon was going to out grown my little ol' 7 year old.
Nice ! works spot on for me.. just the occasional glitchy image (recently added movies for example)

Anything that reduces memory usage but gives us the quality of Aeon on Xbox is a bonus.

djh_: you should deffo add this in under the xbox compat mode. All of us ancient xbox owners would continue to love you if you did lol

Its not dead yet! not by a long way baby...
Love it xbmc.01... its a revelation... really helps with the smoothness of aeon... thanks for the hard work!
What about an Xbox optimization menu that will allow you to pick and chose which of these features to activate? Is there a list of all of the changes made for this mod?
Thumbs Up 
I have tried Aeon and I think it is STUNNING... however I am using an xbox, and I found that it was a little sluggish (this is all due to the 'classic' nature of the hardware).

I am going to give this a try for SURE! If I can't have the genuine article...
I'll take her less attractive sister! Smile

thanks for the mod!

*this comment I hope; doesn't take anything away from the Original AEON!
that was NOT my intent.
Relax guys, its only lower resized textures.
If you can spot a difference with the naked eye then you need to stop wearing magnifying glasses.

It can be taken slightly further too. I've squeezed another Mb or two out of it too.
netropolis Wrote:I am going to give this a try for SURE! If I can't have the genuine article...
I'll take her less attractive sister! Smile

you shouldn't notice anything different Smile same aeon
xb2iris Wrote:Love it xbmc.01... its a revelation... really helps with the smoothness of aeon... thanks for the hard work!
don't thank me thank djh...
thank you djh Wink
I don't think that the quality loss is anything to worry about. I see a very noticeable difference in performance. Things are just a bit more snappy. However, I see some funky icons where the "aeon icon project" icon, the placeholder icon for the yet to be defined icons, used to come up. Anybody else see this. Huh
Any mirror? mediafire is in maintenance...
Bahndit Wrote:I don't think that the quality loss is anything to worry about. I see a very noticeable difference in performance. Things are just a bit more snappy. However, I see some funky icons where the "aeon icon project" icon, the placeholder icon for the yet to be defined icons, used to come up. Anybody else see this. Huh

yes whenever i repack pm3 textures or the recent Aeon14 textures i get a few textures that are glitchy must be the addition of more textures to the xpr (ICONS) has made the larger file a bit dicky to use with xprexpress. what do you use djh to compress textures?
I've got everything working pretty smoothly on the XBox without any memory issues to date. When swiping left and right through the AEON menus the FreeMem bounces between 20 and 30 MB free as the background images load. CPU bounces between 25% and 33%.

I have turned off a lot of the standard server features of XBMC so they don't use any additional memory (based on something I read elsewhere). Hopefully the list of what I've turned off might help some others having memory problems (many of the features are turned on by default).

1) I'm running at 720p (System -> Video Hardware -> Choose 720p). As djh said 1080i just aint going to work.
2) Using 720p backdrops across the board from my Photeon series of abstract photographic backdrops. A single image for each of the menus.
3) UPnP Server turned off (Network -> UPnP Settings -> Unselect "Autostart UPnP Client")
4) If you are connecting to a UPnP Server, then at least consider turning off the UPnP Server on the XBox (Network -> UPnP Settings -> Unselect "Enable UPnP Server")
5) Web Server turned off (Network -> Servers -> Unselect "Enable Web Server")
6) XBox Remote Server turned off (Network -> Remote Events -> Unselect "Enable Remote Events"

Basically the only thing I have left running on the XBox is the FTP Server so I can update XBMC using the T3CH builds and update the fantastic AEON skin.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc01's "Aeon Lite" - optimised for Xbox0