• 4(current)
xbmc01's "Aeon Lite" - optimised for Xbox
Since this is about improving performace on XBox, how about making some of the fonts bigger too? I've noticed that they're harder to read lately in the file manager and options.
I ment really for Standard Def - that's what it's about innit?
Actually, I think it's more about ensuring smooth hi-def performance on lower-spec hardware like Xbox. Maybe xbmc.01 can clarify that.
Wrong thread, but you can do HD on Xbox? Video, right?
AFAIK the xbox can do hd (720p) for games and display but the xbox doesn't have enough memory/processing power to handle decoding HD encoded movies (movies in mkv, avi, divx, xvid with high source resolutions such as 720p) It can play movies in smaller resolutions and display them at 720 resolution (but it is just upscaling nothing more) Someone please correct me if i am wrong.
-D
I just meant the interface. You can kinda do HD on Xbox if you spend too long encoding the right video in the right codec with the right settings. But even then you're in for a rough ride.
The xbox should just be used as a basic media center. If you can afford a new HD TV and the Xbox 360/PS3/Blueray box + Blue Ray discs/HD Media then you should pony out for an HTPC or build one from scratch.

The main reason for this is that you can upgrade an HTPC with stock hardware to suit your needs. With an Xbox you cant without modding it, and even then its not really worth it as you wont get the same effect.

The key components are processor & memory, which in the xbox are not designed to be replaced.

The whole reason behind this thread remember is trying to squeeze a bit more free memory so it can play standard def media & have fanart. Its near the limit!
It would be really nice if there was a mod to make the texts bigger and more suitalbe for SD TVs but for i now its almost unusable on my TV,,,god damn i wish i had a HD set
lost1 Wrote:It would be really nice if there was a mod to make the texts bigger and more suitalbe for SD TVs but for i now its almost unusable on my TV,,,god damn i wish i had a HD set

Have a read of this thread.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
sweet!!!...thanks so much man...that is sooo much better now...but i think i might have made it a bit too big...now just gota tweek it more
pobhockle Wrote:I ment really for Standard Def - that's what it's about innit?

No, no it's not.
DJH on a vacation or somethingHuh hehehe
xbmc.01 u have a extractable xpr file available... want to try a few things, and ur version is already optimized...
Bahndit Wrote:rudeboyx,

Any luck getting rid of those glitchy textures?

-Bahndit

sorry havent been on for a while. the answer is YES

did nothing different though, seems like a random glitch
pack the textues several times givin them different names then stick them all in your media folder and cycle through themes testing to see if they work.

common glitches to check. - Default folder icons
Calibration screen in CORE section
Hello,
I could use a little help, - I have lately downloaded Aeon skin light for my Xbox 1.1 and it works great, - and I do however have one issue that I hope someone can explain or resolve.
In my current setup I have the following listings in my main view:
TV shows – Music – Movies.
To each of those I have assigned a dedicated backdrop. My problem is that when I switch between my listings it seems to require a blank screen before it can load a backdrop. For example I can be on movies, and this shows the backdrop, - then I choose music (and now I get a black screen) – but as soon I go to TV shows it shows fine again.
If I start out on music then the backdrop is showing, - so it’s not because I forgot to add the backdrop. I have looked at the available memory and when navigating around I am currently using 40mb memory.
Any ideas what can cause this,,
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc01's "Aeon Lite" - optimised for Xbox0