v18 MySQL and UPNP not working?
Hi,

at home I use a kodi server (ubuntu server 18.04) with all my media stored in and 3 clients (ubuntu 18.04) Every instance is running the latest stable kodi 18.6. To have all of them synched I use mysql (mariadb) for shared library. Everything is up and running. Now I bought a new kitchen radio. It can use upnp to connect to my mediacenter. So I tried it. I see my server and can browse all the files. But I cannot play/stream them. If I try to it skips through the whole folder.
First I thought its a shitty implementation in the radio. But unfortunately I got the same experience by using vlc to play from the upnp source.
It says: couldnt find media address: http://server.ip:1281/upnp-path.file.ending
http error: error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

I already changed every upnp and webserver setting. Been going through the kodi wiki and forum threads. I just dont know where I did the mistake? Maybe it isnt working well with the mysql library?

I hope somebody can help
Could you try a wget/curl from the client to see what that URL shows?

Have you check logfiles on the server to see more verbose error messages?

404 indicates the host is available and talking but that path isn't found - i.e.: something's amiss with the "upnp-path.file.ending" part.
Thank you Preacher for your help,
unfortunately there is a similar output as in vlc.
failed to connect.
But there came something to my mind. Because I am lazy I connect to my data with sftp.
I have a feeling that it could work better with nfs.
But I dont know if I should try it. Because except the kitchen radio everything works.
So i got some time on my hands and made some progress.
So the upnp is now working. But with a little catch. On the upnp server with all files stored. i deleted the syncing stuff out of the advancedsettings.xml. So everthing is fine now. except that on the kitchen radio if I want to listen to my last heard albums. I cant because the folder is empty.
As I am not using the server as an output device. but i am happy for now. maybe someone has idea for me to make it perfect.

So except of my server all kodi clients use a synced library. And I am able to use upnp with the kitchen radio and vlc from everywhere in my network.

ninja

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL and UPNP not working?0