Can QueryMusicDatabase update db?
First of all, sorry for post a similar thread in another forum a few days ago... I think this is the best place.

I'm trying to do a script that export ratings and lists from itunes to my xbox database, and store ratings in 'rating' field, and lists in 'comment' field. And another script that let me modify 'comment' field from XBMC easily, with my own tags, so, I need launch update queries to the 'song' table.

I can use QueryMusicDatabase from a browser to do sql SELECT's to the music database and works fine. But UPDATE queries give me the following error:

Code:
Error:Successful result Query: PRAGMA count_changes='OFF
'

I'm trying to do the same from a python script, and same result: SELECT's work well, I can see the results, but UPDATE's don't show any error in Debug Info, and... of course, the table has not been updated...

Doc's say about QueryMusicDatabase While this command is described in this section (Retrieving Information) it is possible to use it to modify the data base

...but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
That is by design. That httpapi command can only query as the name states.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can QueryMusicDatabase update db?0