Shield TV: do I have to chane settings with 10 bit videos?
Hi, I do video editing: I always made 4K 8 bit video and I watch them with Shield TV and Sony TV KD-65X8509C. So with Shield TV I always used the HDMI 3 "Standard". Today I created a 4K 10bit file for the first time and then I chose the Advanced option on HDMI 3 (I don't remember the precise writing), but it is the highest quality 4K 10bit, etc., then the TV restarted. Anyway I changed settings in Shield TH and I chose "YUV420 10bit Rec.709".
As soon as I opened the Shiel TV interface (where there are many icons) and then even Kodi to be able to view that video, both show very languid colors. With Kodi I watch all my 4K videos, but I was surprised that Kodi interface has changed color. It is now an incredible colour problem, the colors were missing. The video was also very, very faded, I had to increase the color a lot, before the sliedr was on 54 and now I had to move it to 80. Why do you see so faded coluous after choosing Advanced option on HDMI 3? There is something wrong? Do you get this problem you too? Do I have to chjange settings on Shield TV?

I thank you for making me understand.
Cmon, seriously. Not another Shield thread.

Please use one of the 3 existing Shield threads for Shield troubleshooting configuration questions...

THREAD CLOSED !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shield TV: do I have to chane settings with 10 bit videos?0