Crackle Addon Stopped
(2023-03-20, 01:54)jepsizofye Wrote: heres the latest most updated code

https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin....master.zip
As I said earlier I downloaded it and tried to install it and got a python error. 

This is why github confuses me.  Some times these files are called master.zip and don't have a version number.  Inside the addons.xml file it says version 2022.10.19 so if I can figure out the python error hopefully it is the latest.  Thanks for the help, hope I haven't frustrated you too much with my trouble understanding how github works.
code is just sent to github and then the author will package from github, there's just no way to have a newer version than that unless someone else modified it and didnt submit it to github

import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.25.0"

the python error is because kodi now needs python 3.0.0 - the code itself may not be updated to 3.0.0

its likely using 2.25.0 specific code functions within the code itself is why it hasnt been changed in the addon.xml

you can TRY to change it to 3.0.0 but any resulting errors will need to be addressed and updated to the new code standards in python 3.0.0

as yet i havent had one just work out of the box with just changing the version number but its not impossible
(2023-03-20, 03:06)jepsizofye Wrote: you can TRY to change it to 3.0.0 but any resulting errors will need to be addressed and updated to the new code standards in python 3.0.0
I tried that before you posted and 2022 now installs and opens ok but I didn't go around clicking any videos to test.

I reverted back to version 2021 (what I know worked, to see if any of the settings were different)  Settings look the same, so I'm going to install 2022 again and see if the videos play or not.
plugin.video.crackle-master (version 2022.10.19) seems to be working (install and open) after updating the python version in addons.xml to 3.0.0

I've just finished clicking on a bunch of TV shows and movies and everything seems to be playing and working ok
(2023-03-20, 03:45)barney63 Wrote: plugin.video.crackle-master (version 2022.10.19) seems to be working (install and open) after updating the python version in addons.xml to 3.0.0

I've just finished clicking on a bunch of TV shows and movies and everything seems to be playing and working ok

I took a quick look at this one and fortunately the URL handler is urllib vs. urllib2 which means it should work fine in Kodi 19, 20 and 21.  There also are not no path join and similar commands which may be written in the older Kodi format.  There are some other listitem calls which will be deprecated in eh future but Team Kodi hasn't announced a version for that so I won't need to do any porting to Kodi 19 and higher for you for this one  Smile   This is why it just worked by changing the addon.xml Python requirement.  The only thing I haven't tested yet is the old settings format this addon uses with Kodi 21.   I know they work with Kodi 20 just not sure on 21.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Crackle is playing only audio on fire stick but no problem onan android tablet. 
ideas? Solutions? TIA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crackle Addon Stopped0