• 3(current)
Solved Jerky Videos in last builds
Most likely this:
Quote:commit 12a5b13413abd089183e07b5a7619534108db5cb (peak3d/backtojni)
Author: peak3d <pfau@peak3d.de>
Date:   Sat Apr 4 21:44:59 2020 +0200

[Android] MediaCodec: reimplement JNI (instead NDK)

This is the commit exactly after the one you testing working fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
yes i just saw the release info for Kodi 18.7 and my eyes stuck into this change:  Use JNI instead of NDK for MediaCodec (Android)
please Kodi developers look at this problem when you have the time. this stuttering happens in both 18.7 and all Kodi 19 builds after
the kodi-20200404-6de683c2-master-arm64-v8a.apk build that working fine. thank you. hope to see this fixed soon!!!!
if any developers can compile a test build with this change in mediacodec reverted to NDK i'll be here ready to test it and report the results. thank you!!!
Will be on the mirrors in test-builds with name: revertjnileia - I used 18.7 as basis for revert as in master the revert will cause conflicts.

I am quite sure that fixes your issue, while the older version broke playback on other devices, which is why this change went in.

But we will see: Test first, please after build
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-05-21, 22:32)fritsch Wrote: Will be on the mirrors in test-builds with name: revertjnileia - I used 18.7 as basis for revert as in master the revert will cause conflicts.

I am quite sure that fixes your issue, while the older version broke playback on other devices, which is why this change went in.

But we will see: Test first, please after build
Ok i test tomorrow.
thank you so much fritsch!!! i'll test it tomorrow when i'll see it in test builds. be well.
Build: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
Make you also 64 Bit please?
Goodmorning!!! Great news!!! finally we know that this was the bug that made videos stuttering in Kodi.
i have 2 hours now testing the build you made reverted to NDK. now all videos played perfect.
not a single stuttering and motion was smooth as it should be. i know this is not a arm64-v8a build
but this is not a problem. now please mr. fritsch tell us what you can do from now on. i mean this is something
that needs to be in all future builds of Kodi(v.18 - v19). Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 is the best media player out there.
if it needs both NDK and JNI maybe a toggle switch in settings? i'm not a developer so i dont know if its possible.
or abandon JNI and continue to work with NDK? please inform us when you'll have news about this.
i hope to see soon a new build of Kodi 19 Alpha with this fix inside.
thank you for all your help mr. fritsch. be well my friend!!! Spiros-Greece.
I think its a good idea whene there is a switch. Kodi 19 with this fix please and 64 Bit.
If it was that easy. We did not do the original fix to break something :-) but to fix something else.

@peak3d  What do you suggest?
yes i understand thats the point, to fix something. but this fix broke something else that needs to be fixed asap, right?
because without this fix Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 and all Nvidia Shield TV 2015/2017 are useless. i know because i have also an Nvidia Shield TV 2015
and has same problems during playback.you cant watch a movie or tv show without break your mind with this stuttering. for me personally if
i dont have a new build with this fix i cant have Kodi anymore. for now i'll stay with build kodi-20200404-6de683c2-master-arm64-v8a.apk that
working great until you fix future builds of Kodi. thank you for all your help my friend. i hope you understand our playback problem and we'll see soon
this problem fixed. be well. Spiros-Greece.
(2020-05-22, 12:24)fritsch Wrote: If it was that easy. We did not do the original fix to break something :-) but to fix something else.

@peak3d  What do you suggest?

The change from ndk to jni break all Shield TV User for weeks. NDK working good. Which Device need jni now?

(2020-05-22, 12:41)djspiros Wrote: build kodi-20200404-6de683c2-master-arm64-v8a.apk that
working great until you fix future builds of Kodi.

Yes this working but not with last Netflix, Disney and inputstream. You can only use older and this is not good. The last addon need newer Kodi 19 and 18.7 Builds.
64 bit in progress, will result in the arm64 folder with same name.
FireTV 4K (as one example and others) needed it to have the wrong aspect ratio fixed. NDK method does not offer the aspect-ratio changing and won't for a very long time. Wondering for the Shield: This is what most users test and they did not run into any regression with that change - but yeah - it currently seems that we break either or :-)

It's time that someone from the community steps up and helps (programmatically) to fix such issues in the code without revert back and forth. We are currently 2 Android maintainers (audio + the entire rest) on paper. While I won't have zero time until end of year for audio, because of demanding every-day job and family, which sometimes heavily complains :-)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky Videos in last builds0