Rasp Pi Problem
I've a new Rasp Pi 3 Model B+ and KODI 18.6.
Just out of the box I can browse Movies-Add Videos-Browse-Windows Network-MSHome and see the expected locations.
Selecting any of them results in message "Operation Not Permitted"

Why does it do this. Isn't it important it find files ?
(2020-05-12, 09:59)ADKM Wrote: Selecting any of them results in message "Operation Not Permitted"

I don't know every detail of your home network, but "Operation not permitted" would suggest a network browse action which is no longer possible in a SMBv2 network (Windows' & Kodi's default protocol version). This was still possible in the Swiss cheese version 1 of Samba, but has been deemed insecure in SMB version 2. And with good reason.

For SMBv2, your file server's user will need full credentials (aka a password). So I suggest you double-check on your network settings and see what is current.
(2020-05-12, 12:16)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-05-12, 09:59)ADKM Wrote: Selecting any of them results in message "Operation Not Permitted"

I don't know every detail of your home network, but "Operation not permitted" would suggest a network browse action which is no longer possible in a SMBv2 network (Windows' & Kodi's default protocol version). This was still possible in the Swiss cheese version 1 of Samba, but has been deemed insecure in SMB version 2. And with good reason.

For SMBv2, your file server's user will need full credentials (aka a password). So I suggest you double-check on your network settings and see what is current. 
Thanks for the reply. I have no passwords (as is my preference). It's a pity they couldn't keep it like it was. I have an Android device with a very similar UI and it works perfectly.
Anyway i eventually gotr it working (with no password) but it was a heck of a mission.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rasp Pi Problem0