Ninjavideo files
Quick question...is there a reason why certain films will play through the plugin whereas some don't?

I have checked on the ninja website and the files in question play fine using the browser so it isnt a missing link. Is it a similar situation to the quicksilver plugin where the megavideo hosted files dont play? For some reason I thought that NV hosted their own files but I could be way off with that.

Here's a log to show what I mean

http://pastebin.ca/1089573

thanks for any answers/advice
Feather, I`m really starting to become annoyed at your constant badgering regarding megavideo.

I have already stated that the reason megavideo files do not play is because they changed the way the hide their original format flv & avi, i do have a working php script but have no time or inclination of re coding it into python right now and adding it to any of my plugins. Life gets in the way.

Why don`t you have a go at python , the script for megavideo can be found if you google.

Ninja video reads the piece hashes of each segmented veoh video and then stares the hashes on their server, this in turn is translated and ran through veoh proxy - sometimes an error occurs with either ninja and hash / xbmc DVD player & hash or veoh proxy & hash. You then get frame drop and video cache drop / freeze and re-instigation of video file or total loss. At which point instead of moaning, re load the film and scan back to where you where in the film then watch it from there. It`s the right thumbstick, move it right then press green button on the time you think you where up to.
To be honest, I dont understand where your response comes from. I asked a simple question as to why some (not all) ninja video files dont work at all using the plugin when the files work fine via the website.

Although I (incorrectly) believed that the files are hosted on NV's own servers I simply asked if it could be a similar issue to that currently seen with megavideo files. Not once did I ask why megavideo files dont play and therefore dont understand the reason for your little rant.

Not that I have to justify anything I write, but, in my grand total of 5 previous posts I have mentioned megavideo files once. You replied to me and explained the change of algorithm. I then replied to you and said that I thought that was the reason however I hadnt seen any mention of it when I searched through the forum.

I dont think that any of this constitutes "constant badgering" or "moaning" in anybody's definition of the words. You certainly shouldnt be getting annoyed at issues that arent even there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ninjavideo files0