SageTV PVR-client support built-into XBMC
Lightbulb 
just curious as to whether anyone has ever looked into adding sagetv client support to xmbc. i couldn't find anything about it in the forums.
i think this is pretty hard to do as sage doesn't store it's live tv buffer in the same file the way other software does. plus i don't think the client-server protocol is documented anywhere.

mythtv is a better pc/pvr solution anyway.

thanks,
mike
yeah, it mythtv may be better, but it is linux based, and that isnt so interessting for most ppl having installed.
i would love support for sagetv or snapstream.
well, if you are hacking xboxes to run xbmc you aren't exactly appealing to the mass market now are you. Image i think if the folks at sage published their client api that would enable folks like you to mod the xbmc cvs to support it.  that's how replay support was added - it wasn't done by replaytv at all.

you can't expect people to build support into a closed api.  and why you have mythtv support and not sage or btv support.

thanks,
mike
first i'd like to explain the setup i have in my livingroom - i have i pc running sagetv(with hauppage pvr250 hw mpg2 card) to watch and record live tv through the tv-out on my ati card. and i use my xbox primary to watch movies/series over lan(smb) from one of my pc's.
- now i would like to integrate this a bit more because 1. tv-out is'nt giving me the best picture-quality, 2. its is a bit annoying switching av channel on tv back and forth between xbox and pc.

- what i would like to happen is - that i can(i realize xbox probably would have problems with timeshifting the mpg stream) - so all it needs to do is show the movie(live tv signal from my htpc) streamed over my lan - and if i push pause on my hauppage remote the live picture would pause.. because xbox only shows the stream. now is this possible using todays sw, maybe xbmc for win supports this with xbmx for xbox? or maybe it is possible to get xbmc act like a sagetv-client?

tia Smile
yeah! this sounds great!
streaming live tv or webcam or windows desktop to the xbox r0x!

web-video-streaming to xbmc is afaik possible (i hope so)
so it should be easy to stream wdm-content to the xbox using a streming-server.

but it would be much more comfortable if there is a ui rechable by a button in the main menu in xbmc.

i hope you can understand me :-)
use mythtv

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....=mythtv
i am looking at setting up a sagetv client/server setup at home and wonder if it would be possible to use xbmc (or if anyone knows of a sage client setup or equiv for the xbox) as a client system on the network to share the files and recordings and to be used to view tv etc.

is this possible for xbmc, or would a whole new software setup be required?

any ideas?

bob808
hi,
i use sage tv. i just share the folders in which sagetv stores the recordings and access the files from my xbox thru smb workgroup shares. the files playback gret only thing missing is show info. i wish we could some how grab that off the sage server. or even from zap2it as the file name has a unique show identifier.
i thought about using shares where the recordings were kept - but if it could act as a client then it would also be possible to watch live tv and have the pvr functions through the xbox.

i guess this is not possible with sage - anyone aware of a rival product that this can be setup with?

cheers

bob808
i am a xbmc noob. i was wondering if some one could help me with this. i am able to generate xml files that correspond to sage tv recordings. such as this : sample
i want to be able to display the information on xbmc under a new tab called my tv and link to the file indicated by the path. what kind of tools do i need to get started ? is this easy to do ?
you need knowledge in c++ programming, you need visual studio .net 2003 or newer and microsofts xbox software development package (only availabable to authorised studios)

and no it is not easy

bob : i use mythtv. free open source dvr software for linux. intigrates well with xbmc via the xbmcmythtv python script

if all the recording information is available in an xml format which can be made accessible via a webserver on the sagetv server, you could do this with a python script similar to the mythtv and tivo ones. you would need to share the folder where the sagetv server saves its recordings with samba or ccx.

the script would retrieve the xml file via an http:// url and then and parse its contents into a menu of what recordings are available. to play a file, it then would need to retrieve the file from the sagetv server but this would require "transforming" the location into a smb:// or xbms:// style url for xbmc to understand.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(loto_bak @ oct. 29 2005,22:49 Wrote:bob : i use mythtv. free open source dvr software for linux. intigrates well with xbmc via the xbmcmythtv python script
funny you should say that - been trying to get myth setup over this weekend...

got it working with my pvr-150 card, and hauppage remote for the frontend and can view the channels on my stb - but struggling to get it to control my uk cable stb with the hauppage blaster. i just need to get the channel numbers sorted and the channel change script sorting.

if you could help point me to any guides or provide any advice that would be great - would prefer to use myth with the xbox frontend if possible but get the feeling that sage might be easier to work with for stb control
(kraqh3d @ oct. 30 2005,15:48 Wrote:if all the recording information is available in an xml format which can be made accessible via a webserver on the sagetv server, you could do this with a python script similar to the mythtv and tivo ones. you would need to share the folder where the sagetv server saves its recordings with samba or ccx.

the script would retrieve the xml file via an http:// url and then and parse its contents into a menu of what recordings are available. to play a file, it then would need to retrieve the file from the sagetv server but this would require "transforming" the location into a smb:// or xbms:// style url for xbmc to understand.
thanks for the info kraqh3d. i am playing around with python scripts for the last couple of days. i am able to parse the info i need for display in the xml file. i ran in to a couple of problems:

1) is it possible to acess an xml file via smb in the python version thats installed in xbmc ?
2) how would i organize a http type url for my xml files ?

if i think if i can get this figured out, i think making a simple xbmc sage client woudnt be too hard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SageTV PVR-client support built-into XBMC0