Watched List and Thumbnails - External Drive
Hi all,

I am going put of my mind trying to work this out.
Basically, I use an external hard drive to play movies etc. There is quite a lot of data. The thumbnails are all cached to the database/thumbnails folder and the movies I have watched are all ticked.

I had an issue a little while ago where the drive became corrupt and so I had to wipe the external drive and then I had to restore using the backup file. When I restored the backup file the thumbnails had to load all over again on the external drive (which meant I had to physically scroll through each movie) and every movie was unticked, thus losing all of my watched information.

Is there a way to back up these two things when I do my regular backups? I use the 'robweber' backup addon and like it so ideally, I want to keep using this addon. I also use Kodi V17.6 because it works how I want it to so again, ideally do no want to upgrade this is I can avoid it.

The first person that solves this for me is officially a legend  Cool

Thanks in advance!
(2020-05-28, 22:21)Krypton90 Wrote: Is there a way to back up these two things when I do my regular backups?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Video
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-28, 22:34)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-28, 22:21)Krypton90 Wrote: Is there a way to back up these two things when I do my regular backups?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Video

Thank you! I had viewed this and created the 'advanced settings' XML file.
What I am unsure of is...... will this work with an external hard drive because it indicates that it'll work for the library. All my files are on an external device. Secondly, the file I created is like this:

<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
       <exportautothumbs>true</exportautothumbs>      
       <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>  
       <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>    
    </videolibrary>
 </advancedsettings>

Export thumbs. Seems self explanatory which is what I want.

Import watched state?
Import resume point?

Surely these two want to be 'exported' no? A little clarification would really help with this.

Thanks in advance again :-)
(2020-06-01, 20:06)Krypton90 Wrote: What I am unsure of is...... will this work with an external hard drive because it indicates that it'll work for the library. All my files are on an external device.
This works for any movie, tv show, episode and music video which is scanned or scraped into the library and your hard drive is connected at the time you run the export.

(2020-06-01, 20:06)Krypton90 Wrote: Import watched state?
Import resume point?

Surely these two want to be 'exported' no?
The settings are not for exporting, they are for importing. All information is exported by default. To scan these three items back into the library requires the addition of those tags.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-01, 20:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-06-01, 20:06)Krypton90 Wrote: What I am unsure of is...... will this work with an external hard drive because it indicates that it'll work for the library. All my files are on an external device.
This works for any movie, tv show, episode and music video which is scanned or scraped into the library and your hard drive is connected at the time you run the export.
(2020-06-01, 20:06)Krypton90 Wrote: Import watched state?
Import resume point?

Surely these two want to be 'exported' no?
The settings are not for exporting, they are for importing. All information is exported by default. To scan these three items back into the library requires the addition of those tags.

Awesome! Makes sense now. Last question on the topic:

1. Does the 'exportautothumbs' tag export and import the thumbnails then?
2. If not, how do I make Kod import the thumbs, seeing as the tag says 'export' ?

Very helpful though, thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched List and Thumbnails - External Drive0