Kore playlist displays only the top few tracks in remote's Playlist view
Hi Korepersons

Thanks for providing the world with this very useful app. I am using Kore v2.5.0 on my Android 5 LG cellphone to interact with my Pi3 LIBREelec 9.2.1 setup, mostly for music playback.

When viewing a playlist in the remote view (I think that would be the 3rd dot in this screenshot on the Kore page of the kodi wiki)  Image sometimes the list of tracks takes up more than 1 screen. In this case, Kore refuses to display more that 1st (that is, top) few tracks in the playlist. If I swipe to display the lower tracks, the list almost immediately jumps back to the top page of tracks. 

Some more data points, don't know if they are of any use:
- I tried Yatse on the same LIBREelec, it seems it does not have the problem.
- I only noticed it a few months ago, I have the idea it was not doing it before this. So, I *think* it only started a few months ago.
- For a while, I had Kodi on a MX linux laptop, installed from repository (i.e. not latest and greatest). It also displayed the same jumping playlist symptom.

I would like to stop this happening. Maybe someone has already had this problem and solved it, and can point me to a solution or setting or anchoring addon? Please let me know if you think any more data about my setup would help.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks
It's a known bug, that has been corrected. There should be an update on the Play Store soon. In the meantime, you can try to edit your Kodi connection configuration (in Kore, side menu, tap Kodi's name) and check that the "Use TCP" option is selected.
(2020-06-09, 10:42)syncd Wrote: It's a known bug, that has been corrected. There should be an update on the Play Store soon. In the meantime, you can try to edit your Kodi connection configuration (in Kore, side menu, tap Kodi's name) and check that the "Use TCP" option is selected.

Thanks - I am honoured to receive a reply from Kore's parent. I applied the "Use TCP" option, and the list now remains where I left it 'indefinitely' (OK, I waited for just a few minutes). That is, the Playlist does not jump back until :

1) my phone's screen fader option switches the screen off.  When I double-tap to wake up the screen, the Playlist has once again jumped to display the first screenful, that is, the first few tracks.

2) I see that the 'screen rotate' function on my phone seems to trigger the problem as well. That is, when I physically move the phone to change orientation, when the Playlist is redisplayed, only the first screenful of tracks is displayed.

I'd describe that as a significant improvement, but perhaps not entirely fixed with the current client.

Perhaps it's a 'Remembering the state of the Playlist for when the screen must be restored' issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore playlist displays only the top few tracks in remote's Playlist view0