Music Player Control Buttons
Hi everybody,

I'm relatively new to Kodi, can figure things out with a lot of searching and patience, so (and but) keep an answer as simple and straight forward as possible please. This is also my first post, so if I'm at the wrong place, please say so and move it to the right forum.
I'm using a NVIDIA Shield and have Aeon Nox: Silvio installed. My problem is also with Amber, so I'm not sure if it is skin related.

The problem is that the player control buttons are not visible, when in full screen (now playing mode?). No matter which button I push of the controller, the Kodi control buttons don't appear. When I push the X-button, which makes the control buttons in video player appear, nothing happens. With the NVIDIA controller buttons it is possible to go forward and back and change songs.

Also, maybe a second problem, is that when I push the B-button (to go back), the screen goes back to the album, but also the music stops. Why is this? I would like to be able to select other music, while the music continues. 

I hope somebody can help me with this.
None of that sounds like normal behaviour, are you playing Music from the Library, File Manager or an addon? Can you also try the Default skin (Estuary) and check if it works as you'd expect. It could be that there are some skin specific settings.
Thanks for the quick reply. It made me discover something new.

The NVIDIA Shield comes with 2 "remotes". A remote (never used) and a controller (for gaming). With the remote I got the player control buttons in Estuary as well as in Aeon Nox: Silvo. Even when I go back the music continues to play and I can search for new stuff. So everything seems to be working correctly on the Kodi side and that the problem is probably with the controller.

I looked at the controller before, don't remember why, and noticed that the keymaps folder is empty. I found a keymap for the NVIDIA controller on Github, but it didn't make any difference. Very possible that I did something wrong here (unknown territories). Can somebody help me with this problem?
Didn't figure out how to update/edit my previous message.

I disabled Joystick Support add-on and the controller functions a lot better now. I have access to the player control buttons and the music continues playing when exiting the now playing mode. But this seems not THE solution to the problem to me. Is Joystick Support add-on not supposed to prevent these problems?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Player Control Buttons0