My backdrops releases (56k beware)
digitalhigh Wrote:Oh, and here are the images I could find for you, Only One Haze:

ImageImageImage

They're not the greatest, but they're still better than nothing. Big Grin

thanks man! much appreciated!
Tommy yay!
defee Wrote:Tommy yay!

You, my friend, have excellent taste. Big Grin
I've started making some 1080 backdrops for movies, but have not yet found a place to put them... I figured I'd gauge interest... I think I have some overlap from other sets.

All were made from hires sources from http://r1db.com - no grainy or undersized, resized.

Currently set as JPG's, plex seems to like them better.
nice work there bro, looking sharp.
@Jayhawk

2 questions.

First, I signed up and the site looks like it has a lot of great high quality material. I was going to buy some credits but I don't see where it tells how many credits each image will cost me? Is it 1 credit per image? That would seem very reasonable.
Second, are you an admin on the site? I think i came across your username there. If you are, nice site. It is quite a good resource.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:@Jayhawk

2 questions.

First, I signed up and the site looks like it has a lot of great high quality material. I was going to buy some credits but I don't see where it tells how many credits each image will cost me? Is it 1 credit per image? That would seem very reasonable.
Second, are you an admin on the site? I think i came across your username there. If you are, nice site. It is quite a good resource.

lol hey- sorry, ya wasn't actually trying to push the site or anything, just qualifying the resources as high resolution.

Ya, its 1:1 and I'm the admin there. I'm going to create an HTPC section and upload all that i've created. you earn 1 credit for every 3 that are downloaded that you submit, so, in theory, it can be free... but credits are very cheap--just something we did to support the insane amount of bandwidth we use up.

http://www.r1db.com/covers/index.php?cat=543

They will be added there, but I'm working to upload them to a free solution as well.

I can probably work to do some sort of refer type process from here that allows some freebies... More to follow.
I was not accusing you of trying to pedal your wares Wink I definitely understand that the cost of hosting such a vast amount of images can get expensive. I will be buying some credits in the near future to fuel my obsession with Holiday flicks. Cheers.
jayhawk785 Wrote:lol hey- sorry, ya wasn't actually trying to push the site or anything, just qualifying the resources as high resolution.

Ya, its 1:1 and I'm the admin there. I'm going to create an HTPC section and upload all that i've created. you earn 1 credit for every 3 that are downloaded that you submit, so, in theory, it can be free... but credits are very cheap--just something we did to support the insane amount of bandwidth we use up.

http://www.r1db.com/covers/index.php?cat=543

They will be added there, but I'm working to upload them to a free solution as well.

I can probably work to do some sort of refer type process from here that allows some freebies... More to follow.

Perhaps you could upload them to meligrove.com so they can be scraped by XBMC? Or maybe just put the 720p versions there and allow people to buy the 1080p ones from your site?
Some great stuff on that site (R1DB), but what's with buying the images? I don't think that's right.
pobhockle Wrote:Some great stuff on that site (R1DB), but what's with buying the images? I don't think that's right.

Well you don't have to buy them. You can upload images of your own and earn credits that way. I think that keeps the community growing so you don't have just leachers. While I don't agree with charging for the images simply to try and make some cash, I can understand using the money to pay for hosting. I can't even imagine how much hosting for sites like meligrove and tvdb are. Anyway, since there is an alternative to paying I don't really see a problem with it. As an xbmc/plex user I think it would be great if jayhawk put all his "htpc" images on meligrove so they could be scraped and support THIS community. I know that any images I create from content on R1DB will be going on meligrove. Just my 2 cents.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Well you don't have to buy them. You can upload images of your own and earn credits that way. I think that keeps the community growing so you don't have just leachers. While I don't agree with charging for the images simply to try and make some cash, I can understand using the money to pay for hosting. I can't even imagine how much hosting for sites like meligrove and tvdb are. Anyway, since there is an alternative to paying I don't really see a problem with it. As an xbmc/plex user I think it would be great if jayhawk put all his "htpc" images on meligrove so they could be scraped and support THIS community. I know that any images I create from content on R1DB will be going on meligrove. Just my 2 cents.

If meligrove wants to rsync that directory --I'd be open to that, but honestly between my day job, maintaining that site, and my personal life, it's difficult to find time to keep another site updated with things r1db has.

I don't know who owns meligrove, but they're welcome to contact me. I'll happily extend the directories of the high res poster art and backdrops.
travisbell is the meligrove.com admin I believe - it'd be fantastic if you guys collaborated and had your images available for XBMC scraping as well :0)
sounds like a good plan jayhawk Wink
I'm a bit ouf step with what's going on, but it seems like there's a few places to get backdrops from now. It's quite confusing..Why isn't there just one site for everything? There's no option to upoad anything on meligrove and it's hard to get any original images to work with...I've asked _djh a couple of times where he gets pics from and he hasn't said anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My backdrops releases (56k beware)1