Aeon nfos

For those who haven't encountered them before, nfo files are text documents you place alongside your videos if you'd rather XBMC's library used local information. So if you don't like the godawful plot synopses on the IMDb, or if you want finer control over the layout of your library info, this is how you do it.

The nfo files have to share the filename of their associated video, the only difference being their extension - nfo. It's much the same syntax as thumbnails and movie fanart. An example:

The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension.avi
The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension.tbn
The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension.nfo

Note the extensions. The top one is the video file, the next the thumbnail, and the third is the nfo.

I've started using my own nfos for Aeon for a number of reasons:

- they scan faster and more reliably than internet scrapers
- they're better written (though seldom by me)
- I can edit them to the precise character count where they fit Aeon's Showcase display

And now I'm going to share them with you:

http://aeonproject.com/nfobin/

There aren't that many yet, but it'll keep on growing. XBMC's font resizing isn't 100% consistent across all resolutions, but I know these fit both 720p and 1080p. Enjoy!
THX a lot.
THX, but what is with the Fanart, is The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension - Fanart.jpg right ?

mafis90
no spaces;

"The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension-fanart.jpg"
I don't know, but would many people want to spend the time making custom synopses for just Aeon? Since other skins will have different amounts of room to display this information?

Also, what if the design of Aeon changes, and the amount of text able to be displayed changes? Seems like a possible waste of time to do this.

A more plausible method of working with this issue would perhaps be to have the ability to use a quick press on the down button when the info has rolled over... that way, while scrolling in Showcase view, you can pause on a movie, let the info roll across and display, then hit the down button to scroll through the info.

Then to exit the info screen, just press the left/right buttons as you normally would to return to the movie listing.
The amount of text visible in Aeon won't change. That's it now.

As for people using other skins, they're not who these are for. Notice that I haven't suggested other people make their own, I'm just sharing what I've done myself. And besides, given the choice of barely-literate, randomly formatted tripe or something standardised and readable, which would you prefer?
I have this :

Blade II.avi
Blade II.tbn
Blade II.nfo
Blade II-fanart.jpg

But he don't import the Fanart, it is a bug from XBMC or it is my probleme.

I use Mac OSX XBMC = Plex.

THX

mafis
plex? how would we know. go to their forums and ask.

if you use xbmc for mac it will work ofc
mafis90 Wrote:Blade II.avi
Blade II.tbn
Blade II.nfo
Blade II-fanart.jpg
That works fine for me in Plex. Which version are you using?
spiff Wrote:plex? how would we know. go to their forums and ask.

if you use xbmc for mac it will work ofc

Great! Nice answer, you really want to help people!

I also use plex. It doesn't seem to pick up the -fanart.jpg, so I have to select them manually (select "get fanart" when pressing i on a movie)
i really want to help people with OUR product. you know, the one i know what supports and not. do you really expect us to have the faintest idea what the 'other guys' merges from our codebase or notHuh it's like expecting msft to support bsd just because they use the bsd ip stack.

if you want to use plex, you need to go them for support. it's only logical
and if I want to use plex AND Aeon?

Then I go to both places Smile
sure you can go here and ask AEON related questions. but fanart support has nothing to do with aeon.
@Weavus Plex RC3 and your ?

I add it per Get Fanart at the moment, but the best ist, when it find per -Fanart.jpg .
While I appreciate the interest of the Plex guys in Aeon and its trajectory, I have to reiterate that its "target platform" is Linux, and more specifically XBMC. So while I'm happy for them to bundle it or whatever, and of course am happy for its users to enjoy it, I can only support it here, and for this software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon nfos1