Poll: Which Linux distro should we support next?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
openSUSE
10.84%
Fedora
16.26%
Debian
3.52%
Mint
19.24%
Gentoo
12.47%
Arch
35.50%
Mandriva
0%
Other (reply to post which)
0.27%
Ubuntu is enough, thank you
1.90%
Total
369 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 4(current)
Which Linux distro should XBMC officially support next?
I would say just add a link on that page that says something to the extent of "Compiling for Fedora/RedHat Enterprise Linux/CentOS" and then create a new page with instructions for the distributions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
malloc Wrote:I would say just add a link on that page that says something to the extent of "Compiling for Fedora/RedHat Enterprise Linux/CentOS" and then create a new page with instructions for the distributions.

No permissions, my username is the same as here.
Not sure how to give access. msg pike on the forums or irc and he can take care of you. Just ask for ninja status.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
malloc Wrote:Not sure how to give access. msg pike on the forums or irc and he can take care of you. Just ask for ninja status.

Ta-Da

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Compiling_fo...nux_CentOS

Smile
Looks great. Thanks for your contribution!
malloc Wrote:Looks great. Thanks for your contribution!

You're most welcome, thanks for making a great product. I'll do my best to keep that up to date, I've got a few friends using XBMC w/ Fedora now on a regular basis so I'll be forced to keep it working Wink
Other:

A custom OS that pulls from debian unstable /ubuntu repositories, but only has the bare essentials to run XBMC, maybe include vim and ssh for management, but no desktop or other rubbish.
Pvt_Ryan Wrote:Other:

A custom OS that pulls from debian unstable /ubuntu repositories, but only has the bare essentials to run XBMC, maybe include vim and ssh for management, but no desktop or other rubbish.

Haven't seen XBMC Live yet, have we?
other:

stripped down debian unstable, with the option to format the disk the (in my eyes) correct way (/, /home, /usr, /var, /tmp and swap partitions). debian runs a lot better on my hardware. well, let me say it like this, it works on my hardware out of the box, and that is something that ubuntu cannot accomplish. i've had so many problems with ubuntu that i gave that up. now i wan't this ubuntu mid (the xbmc live version) installed on my system, since the live cd works like a charm, but as you can see in the topic i created, the installation doesn't work like it should.
althekiller Wrote:Haven't seen XBMC Live yet, have we?

Nope... Smile
ALL !

Why don't you publish a Source-Code Version so everybody can compile it on nearly every Distribution ?

I want to try XBMC, but i'm using ArchLinux and so I can't try it....
Nordmende Wrote:ALL !

Why don't you publish a Source-Code Version so everybody can compile it on nearly every Distribution ?

Eek .. maybe you should visit and read the main project site before posting ..
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
VDRfan Wrote:Eek .. maybe you should visit and read the main project site before posting ..

Pff...read?..riiight.
Nordmende Wrote:ALL !

We talked it over and decided take the necessary steps for the betterment of the project. Thanks for being that catalyst. You can visit our new sourceforge page to get the source code: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/.
(Other) I for one would love to see a version specific to the Xandros variant on the EEEPCs. The idea being that I could buy a $300 EEE and being able to easily have something appropriate for watching videos on a plane would be divine.
Subtitles - Serious Business
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Linux distro should XBMC officially support next?1