XBMC-like device capable of native high-definition playback?
Question 
The title pretty much says it.
I've been running my XBMC box for about 2 years now and absolutely love everything about it.
Well, almost.
I'd really like to be able to watch HD (even 720p) content on my box, but I understand that the CPU/GPU hardware in the Xbox just isn't up to the task.

Does anyone know of any device capable of streaming HD content to an HDTV that has anything close to the features and format compatibility of XBMC?

I'm not concerned that it be "full" HD, even 720p or a little less would be okay, I just want something that will take advantage of my 46" Samsung HDTV! Rolleyes

Thanks in advance,

Elmojo
XBMC runs on linux, mac, and windows, so any computer plugged into a tv would do.

Mac Mini is fairly popular and has a small enough form factor to look good under your tv.
however its too wimpy to handle the larger resolution "HD" video, especially in the CPU intensive formats like H264/X264
Catchy Signature Here
Thumbs Up 
Cool, so the ports are done?
Are they updated as often as the Xbox version?
Also, the PC running XBMC would need some sort of decent video output, right?
Any suggestions for a card that delivers good HDTV performance, preferably over HDMI?
Noticed these on Dell's website too.... look nice! Reviews say its a bit slow but with 2.1Ghz Core 2 and 3Gig of RAM cant see that it would be a dogHuh guess the intergrated video would let it down thou...

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/produc...ref=homepg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC-like device capable of native high-definition playback?0