Hey, Can I change the Main Menu?
Question 
Hello there, first sorry for my english.

Well, i´m wondering if i could change the main page of Aeon, you know the Movies - Tv Shows - Music - etc thing, and add some content like - Anime -.
I dont want to see all mixed my tv shows with my anime shows just like now, they are in different shares in my ReadyNAS but i have to add content in tv shows cause there is no other option and scan together.
Is it possible?

Thanks for all and keep the incredible work! Nerd
You can change the main menu options, but you need to know how to use xml... or have html experience since it's all to do with just tags and stuff.

The options are contained in homescrollers.xml

If you have never done that sort of thing before, might not be worth trying lol...
Hello joncgde2, thx for your response. I´ve found this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Edit...me_Screen) but it uses home.xml, i think it speaks about PMIII.
I have some simple coding experience so its no problem to modify xml or html, I´ll try homescrollers.xml and lets see what i find.
Even if you went ahead with this you'd still be limited to file view because, as you've pointed out, the TV library throws everything together in the pot. Unless there's some way of linking direct to a specific genre within the library, though I'm unaware of that.
well, there is. just not very pretty Smile

videodb://2/3/<genreid>/ will link you

however it wont be possible to add in a general way as genreid depends on scrape order...
spiff Wrote:well, there is. just not very pretty Smile
Hmmm thats very interesting. I might have a play around with that. I take it that would also work for movies?
yes, replace the 2 with a 1 or 3 for mvids
Ok, say that i go all the way with homescrollers.xml and all set, and say that i have all my anime shows with the "Animation" genre (through the tvdb.com scraper), then how would i link this to my specific anime source? (sorry spiff i didn´t understand you).
By the way I´d have a problem, What about Batman: The Animated Series "Animation" genre and things like that... deffinitely it´s not anime. ARRRGGG!!!
others will have to explain i'm too busy to spoon feed
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere but what would be the link for recently added movies and recently added episodes? I had a quick look at the wiki but could not see it. Ta.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs
Thanks very much spiff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hey, Can I change the Main Menu?0