Bugs aeon14
darkmadda Wrote:The Aeon1.3 directory is created by the older patch which has some bugs. i would recommend doing the patch again (following the instructions above) as for the bug with the clips backgrounds not showing up this is likely a settings issue. i would recommend resetting all settings (and possibly removing all of the references to Aeon in the guisettings.xml file in the userdata directory of xbmc.
-D

I took reset, but still no backdrop to CLIPS or now Musicvideo or trailers. WHAT in guisetting.xml shall I remove?

All these?
<setting type="bool" name="Aeon.browserinfo">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="Aeon.visualisation">false</setting> HuhHuh?

/Söder
those would be the ones. anything that contains:

name="Aeon

after you remove all of them do annother full reset of the setting from the gui aeon settings. and that should do it (you will need to reselect the backgrounds/dirs)
-D
darkmadda Wrote:those would be the ones. anything that contains:

name="Aeon

after you remove all of them do annother full reset of the setting from the gui aeon settings. and that should do it (you will need to reselect the backgrounds/dirs)
-D

I did like you said. Now my CLIPS show the background I chosed, but my music video show the default gren background, and the movie trailers show black like CLIPS did before.

/Söder
Let me start that the bug I face is not related to artwork ;-) Artwork works fine here. I am using XBMC for OSX.

Bug description:

* I am using file view

* ~ 300 movies all showing properly in "file mode" (and also play properly)

* When switching to "libary mode", the movies are still there and I can select to play them

* However, movie information from my nfo files (incl the movie name) dont show for around 250 movies; the others work well

* So, I have 250 empty lines for which I can only tell what movie it is by looking at the thumb...

Any thought?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Well if they work for 50 of them you need to look at it logically. What is the difference between the ones that work and the rest?

From my outlook it sounds like your nfo files are formatted incorrectly for the ones that do not show.
I really doubt its an Aeon issue too, try in the default skin I bet its the same there.
chrisdaniels Wrote:Well if they work for 50 of them you need to look at it logically. What is the difference between the ones that work and the rest?

From my outlook it sounds like your nfo files are formatted incorrectly for the ones that do not show.

That was my first thought, too. The point is that all my nfo-files were created in the same way. As this way uses a software (XBMC Media Companion). I also checked manually in the nfo-files and thye look alright.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Well rename one that works to a film name that doesnt. Does it work?

Then rename one that doesnt work to a film name that does.. again does it work?

Trial & error i'm affraid.. i think its 99% a tag formatting problem
chrisdaniels Wrote:Well rename one that works to a film name that doesnt. Does it work?

Then rename one that doesnt work to a film name that does.. again does it work?

Trial & error i'm affraid.. i think its 99% a tag formatting problem

You guys are right. It is indeed not an AEON issue. Can anyone cut out these messages and move this into the XBMC threat.

And I am actually starting to believe that it is not a bug, but me doing something wrong anyways. I have deleted one of the working nfo-files, and renamed a non-working one to it. Now, the strange thing: the old information is still displayed in XBMC (in the same way that it was in the file I deleted). Is this info/nfo saved somewhere else? Different folder than the movie is in? I am pretty sure that there is a very easy and apparent question to that?
once the information is scanned from the nfo its stored in xbmc's only database, only a rescan will re-parse the nfos.
Freddo Wrote:once the information is scanned from the nfo its stored in xbmc's only database, only a rescan will re-parse the nfos.

Thanks for your help. Mmh, that's what I tried. I went to "clear library", but that didnt do anything. at least it didnt change anything.

djh, I feel really bad of spamming your threat. Do you have admin rights and can move it?
thread not threat.. you've said that twice lol
It's best to delete the whole video.db from /userdata/database/ and start from scratch in cases of weirdness like this.
Bug in skin: Settings font does not handle non-english letters. Like swedish Å, Ä, Ö.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs aeon140