[RELEASE] TivoX Control Station - Control TiVo from XBMC
ok i have everything working besides ccxstream.. when i type ccxstream it just doesnt do anything in telnet.. any ideas?
did you make ccxstream executable?

chmod 755 ccxstream
or
chmod +x ccxstream

then do:

./ccxstream&

that should be all you need to do.

hurtz
yes it runs now, and says like [481] then i run ccxtest and it cant list my now showing stuff
is .ty playback broken in the latest vers of xbmc? i downloaded a .ty w/ mfs ftp and it wont play?
I am wondering the same thing, was .ty format support removed somewhere along the lines?

(old thread, I know, but no point in starting a new one)

I am looking at updating these scripts to work again with the latest tivo software as well as tivoweb, but it would be useless if xbmc no longer supports tystreams.
I'm looking for a Tivo front-end for a friend of mine and ran across on the TivoX Control Station here on the XBMC forums.
I have my own XBMC setup but I don't own a Tivo so I have no experience with this plug-in.

So is TivoX a good way to extend your Tivo box?
How good of a system do you need to stream and browse the guide of a Series2 Tivo?
Is an old Xbox good enough?

XBMC 11: EDEN | XBMC | HDDVD+Blu-Ray ISO playback & Blu-ray player
PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)
Bumping this. Does anyone know if this still works (or can possibly be made to work)? I'm surprised by how few hits I came up with when Googling TivoX. I would think that there would be a lot of interest in this.

I downloaded the "latest version", and it definitely looks quite old. The changelog text file is dated 7/20/2005 and the readme file talks about loading the software onto the XBox, so it seems to me that this software, if it works at all, would probably only work with older non-HD TiVo boxes. Sad
Since the newer S3/HD/Premiere Tivo boxes have a built in HTTPS server, can they not just be added directly as a source as:

https://tivo:yourMAK@yourtivosip:80

I'm going to give this a try when I get home from work. If it works on a Windows PC I'll also try it on an ATV2, though I don't have high hopes for the latter being able to decode HD MPEG2 streams. This is assuming XBMC can play the DRM crippled .TIVO files...
IsleOfMan Wrote:Since the newer S3/HD/Premiere Tivo boxes have a built in HTTPS server, can they not just be added directly as a source as:

https://tivo:yourMAK@yourtivosip:80

I'm going to give this a try when I get home from work. If it works on a Windows PC I'll also try it on an ATV2, though I don't have high hopes for the latter being able to decode HD MPEG2 streams. This is assuming XBMC can play the DRM crippled .TIVO files...

What did you find out?
I've found that by using kmttg, tvdbrenamer, tsremux, and a bit of powershell I now have my tivo shows appearing in XBMC. Basically it acts as a way to import them into XBMC instead of trying to play the video on the tivo with XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TivoX Control Station - Control TiVo from XBMC0