What hardware do you run XBMC on?
I wanted to do this as a poll but cant seem to find the "start new poll" button Blush

But I was just interested what hardware people run XBMC on these days?

For me its still the trusty Xbox... 3 infact in different rooms around the house. I do experiment with the windows version but its not connected to the main TV (yet Laugh)

So really without a poll A,B or C type thing? (unless a mod wants to change this?) Big Grin

A - Xbox - Still works great for my needs - HD isnt everything!

B - PC type hardware - I need the POWER! move aside Xbox your time is UP!

C - Mac ie mini - I cant put up with uncle Bill (win) or Hippies (linux) in my designer pad!

D - Xbox + another - I love my Xbox but its a bit long in the tooth

E - All three - I've not acually got a job and love to tinker!
I'll go with D, have several xbox 1's but had to build a linux box for some HD lovlieness, was well worth it i think..Big Grin

Still love the xbox version it's all so neat, compact and fast to start (Linux build ain't slow by any means though)

Shorty
A - 720p is enough HD for me!Nod
A)

I think with the current feature set and a gui for live tv in just around the corner. The fact that an xbox can be picked next to nothing makes it the ultimate media centre

I personally don't give two figs about HD or having the world biggest tv oppressing me and making all my standard definition content look pixelated and crummy
A), but soon to be B).

I've been happily using my Xbox1 for years now, but plan to setup my old PC as a Media Center within the next few months to better utilize HD content. I hear XBMC for Windows is maturing nicely, so that's likely what I'll use.

I'll probably still utilize my Xbox to store stuff and serve them out to the XBMC on Windows though. I don't play Xbox games on it much anymore, but it will be nice to keep around for retro gaming via emulators Smile
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen
For me it's "D"...running xbox on my SD TV, and then my HTPC in living room on my HDTV. getting the best of both worlds and couldn't be happier with it!
A + B or D??

I'm using the xbox in the bedroom and ubuntu+mythtv+xbmc in the lounge.

The old Xbox keeps on rocking!!!
A for me; 21" crt tv at the mo but would love some hd fun on a flat screen. Perhaps when 32" TFT's get down to around a £100 I will make the move.
I am using a Mac mini © on your list.

I am currently setting up three more Mac mini's for a friend (for different rooms) all to run Plex the Mac version of XBMC.

Would this count as four votes? Big Grin
A.

xbmc for xbox is far better than any current games console and dedicated unit.
Rainbow 
Mine is definitely A

I have the other options available but my setup of choice is definitely an Xbox due to it's portability (I can easily take just the Xbox over to a mates to watch movies etc). It interfaces nicely with my home sound system (Excellent for internet radio) and the constraints of 720p don't bother me.

I am also a bit of a tinkerer and arcade afficianado and the core system of choice for my arcade cabinet conversion is XBOX, this means that to have XBMC running as part of that arcade cabinet project will give me a fully integrated jukebox solution sat in my hallway.

Xbox kicks ass.... XBMC is the REASON Xbox kicks ass!!!! Big Grin
A - xbox.

I've actually got 5 Xboxes running XBMC Two at my termtime address, 3 at my home address.

XBMC on Xbox kicks ass. It can't be beaten. Look at the price you pay for a complete media solution. It's been at the heart of many a great streaming media movieathon hosted at my place.

Here's to the good old xbox!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What hardware do you run XBMC on?0