Android No Kodi
i have a old Kodi  box  MXQ. VERSION 4.4.2. IT HAD JARVIS 15.2 ON IT.i am wondering if i can still use this box to download a newer version .
i asked on google if i could and someone mentioned ,FIRST UNINSTALL KODI. SO I DID THEN THEY said TO REINSTALL kODI ..GO TO SETTINGS /APPS/  LOOK FOR kODI.
 , but i don't have Kodi . so i am stuck. can you please tell me how i can install Kodi on this box
When you mention 4.4.2, if you mean Android v4.4.2 (KitKat) then the latest version of Kodi that will run is Jarvis (which you already had).

For Krypton or later, you need at least Android 5.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-07-28, 10:35)DarrenHill Wrote: When you mention 4.4.2, if you mean Android v4.4.2 (KitKat) then the latest version of Kodi that will run is Jarvis (which you already had).

For Krypton or later, you need at least Android 5.
thanks Darren ,so it looks like the box is no good to me.never mind thanks for your help.
There might be some community versions of Jarvis around, depending on what processor etc it has. I recall there were a few about at the time for specific devices/processors, but whether they still are available I do not know.

And as they are not produced by us, we also do not support them here. Not because there is anything wrong with them (piracy or suchlike), but to get around the limitations of KitKat they used various quite specific hacks and bodges, which we could not include in the general official version of Kodi. Hence the limit of Android Lollipop (aka Android 5) and above for Krypton and onwards.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Assuming you have a method to get it into your device, Jarvis (which was v16) can be found at http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/...bi-v7a.apk or Isengard (v15) at http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/...bi-v7a.apk
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Kodi0