Audio issues in Fire TV
- I am using Kodi in Fire tv stick 4k
- I have Bose 300 Soundbar that support AC3 and DTS
- I have AC3 and DTS passthrough enabled in Kodi audio settings.

Sometimes when playing videos, audio is not working.
- Then I open quick settings and disable pass-through -> audio will start working.
- Again, I re-enable pass-though -> and the audio is still working.

What could be the issue here?
Fire TV doesn't support DTS.
FireTV 4K does for sure:

DD+ (only in RAW mode with that soundbar most likely), AC3, DTS, DTS-HD-HR is supported when proper equipment is connected.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-07-31, 15:00)fritsch Wrote: FireTV 4K does for sure:

DD+ (only in RAW mode with that soundbar most likely), AC3, DTS, DTS-HD-HR is supported when proper equipment is connected.

I'm seeing some FireTV Edition models with various DTS support, but nothing on the official specs of the standalone devices. Though Amazon aren't the most consistent.
Basically they only advertize what they sell, which is AC3 and DD+ ... from kodi, AC3, DTS, DD+ and DTS-HD-HR works fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-07-30, 08:23)sshaji Wrote: - I am using Kodi in Fire tv stick 4k
- I have Bose 300 Soundbar that support AC3 and DTS
- I have AC3 and DTS passthrough enabled in Kodi audio settings.

Sometimes when playing videos, audio is not working.
- Then I open quick settings and disable pass-through -> audio will start working.
- Again, I re-enable pass-though -> and the audio is still working.

What could be the issue here?
I have the same problem here. My Fire TV Stick 4k is directly connected to a Denon AVR.
The only way to get passthrough working is like sshaji described, disable and enable passthrough while playing.
I'm using Kodi 18 since the RC and updated up to 18.5. With 18.6 the problem begins. The same with 18.7, 18.8 and even the Fritsch-Version.
For the moment 18.5 is the best and only version for me.
I cannot help you. I have the exact same setup: FireTV 4K + Denon AVR -> PT with refreshrate switching works perfectly.

Start filing a proper bug with the mandatory information.
(2020-07-31, 08:18)listyraesder Wrote: Fire TV doesn't support DTS.

My Insignia Fire TV says "DTS Studio Sound" on the box, and there's an option in the audio settings for "DTS TruSurround". From what I could gather, some models don't support DTS passthrough. As in if you tried to play a file directly that has DTS it will play it. But when you enable passthrough on the TV (in kodi)  the DTS codec will not show up. However if I connect a 4k Firestick to the Fire TV, the DTS codec does show up, because the Firestick is passing through, and recognizes the DTS codec on the TV. Hope that makes sense. And again I may not be 100% on this because I've been searching all over with little luck as to an answer, so this is my best guess.
Reason: Old Firestick: AC3 and EAC3 only. New FireTV 4K stick has IEC support -> we can tunnel: AC3, DTS, EAC3 and DTS-HD-HR.

That's it. For FireTV 1 -> amazon does not want you to have it. Workaround "shitty build" on your own risk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio issues in Fire TV0