Multiple Instances of KODI sharing a common thumbnail folder on a NAS
Hi guys,

Tried searching but didnt find anything that quite addresses my issue

Have 3 instances of Kodi (Nvidia Shield TV x 2 and Android Tv on a Sony panel) , I'm about to get a FireTV stick as well

Currently have thumbnails mapped to 3 different folders on a NAS but each folder is now almost 4GB

Could all instances point to one shared folder? or will I need to start creating databases on my NAS

Appreciate any help

Thanks!
Kodi instances can't share Thumbnails. The images are stored with random names, and pointing multiple instances at the same folder will break image display.
(2020-07-31, 04:47)johnnyaywah Wrote: Could all instances point to one shared folder?
(2020-07-31, 08:20)listyraesder Wrote: Kodi instances can't share Thumbnails

There is an option with using pathsubstitution via the advancedsettings.xml, but the results vary.
(2020-07-31, 09:00)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 04:47)johnnyaywah Wrote: Could all instances point to one shared folder?
(2020-07-31, 08:20)listyraesder Wrote: Kodi instances can't share Thumbnails

There is an option with using pathsubstitution via the advancedsettings.xml, but the results vary.
Thanks mate, I am using this method now to point all my instances back to a NAS using three different folders (thumbnails1, thumbnails2, thumbnails3)

I just thought that given the media source is common across all three instances, I could share the one thumbnail folder to save space...sounds like it doesnt quite work that way

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Instances of KODI sharing a common thumbnail folder on a NAS0