Solved Debug Log
Hello there, I am having an issue with Kodi Leia v18.8 (setup in portable mode)
My computer is running Windows 10 64 bit Version 1803
Intel i7-6700
16 gb ram
Kodi started randomly shutting down after adding some new movies and updating my library. Deleting the MyVideos.db and Textures.db files allows Kodi to start and once it starts scanning the library again, it crashes. I have enabled advanced debug logging and added the line to advancedsettings.xml. I have removed the new videos from my library and it still crashes. Changed my portable_data folder name to portable_data.old so it would recreate that data folder, and still it crashes. I am at a loss with what is going on. 

Here is my kodi.log
Here is the kodi.old.log

I appreciate the help.
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2020-08-06, 07:40)Klojum Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Hi, I am sorry. That's rather embarrassing. However, I solved the issue by starting it in regular mode and built my library then copied the entire program data folder over and reinstalled all my addons. So essentially a fresh install fixed it. So i am ok with this being deleted. Thank you
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
We do not delete threads or posts unless there is a _really_ good reason for it.
Perhaps you can read up on our forum rules (wiki) before you ask for support the next time?
(2020-08-06, 12:21)ctindell81 Wrote: So essentially a fresh install fixed
Hard to say what is going on when <!-- Silently ignore errors while scanning videos. --> and you have at least 60 errors in that log. Hardly a 'fresh' install.

Suspect is compromised installation. Delete portable installation... re-install fresh vanilla Kodi, eliminate all add-ons, advanced settings and prove out a working Kodi, we will entertain a proper debug log of that should you still have errors.
(2020-08-06, 12:50)Klojum Wrote: We do not delete threads or posts unless there is a _really_ good reason for it.
Perhaps you can read up on our forum rules (wiki) before you ask for support the next time?

Of course, I am aware of the rules on the illegal stream add-ons, I honestly forgot I had that installed. SO again, I extend my apologies, it was a mistake for not checking my install first. Fortunately, I am experienced with Kodi and I solved my issue while also managing to have a "clean" install.
↯ Ω ☿
(2020-08-06, 16:43)PatK Wrote:
(2020-08-06, 12:21)ctindell81 Wrote: So essentially a fresh install fixed
Hard to say what is going on when <!-- Silently ignore errors while scanning videos. --> and you have at least 60 errors in that log. Hardly a 'fresh' install.

Suspect is compromised installation. Delete portable installation... re-install fresh vanilla Kodi, eliminate all add-ons, advanced settings and prove out a working Kodi, we will entertain a proper debug log of that should you still have errors.

Hello there, That is what I wound up doing. I looked over the log and was able to pick out the faults. So instead of going one by one, I started fresh and added my add-ons one-by-one and had no issues. The log I uploaded was from before my fresh install. I have been using this install for a while, only updating kodi by installing to c:\kodi then copying it over the top of my portable installation. My fresh install is using leia 18.6 and all new portable data. Thank you for replying!

Ugh, sorry for the double post, I had my tab open and did not refresh Kodi before replying to @Klojum. I just tried merging my posts but cant seem to get your quote copied over.
↯ Ω ☿
(2020-08-07, 00:55)ctindell81 Wrote: I looked over the log and was able to pick out the faults.
Yup, and it all works... from the sounds of it something had corrupted or compromised your previous install, it's when you install those 'caution' troublesome extras that want to hijack your system one bit at a time, that soft wars begin. Future vision: grab a debug log of what you have now and save it somewhere for future comparison/reference.
(2020-08-07, 02:42)PatK Wrote:
(2020-08-07, 00:55)ctindell81 Wrote: I looked over the log and was able to pick out the faults.
Yup, and it all works... from the sounds of it something had corrupted or compromised your previous install, it's when you install those 'caution' troublesome extras that want to hijack your system one bit at a time, that soft wars begin. Future vision: grab a debug log of what you have now and save it somewhere for future comparison/reference.
Excellent idea, sir. Thank you for your tip and advice. I am not new to Kodi/xbmc by any means. In fact, my original xbox is when I discovered this amazing piece of software. I haven't ever had an issue I wasnt able to solve either...until now. It is all because I forgot that stupid exodus plugin was installed. Never again. lol

I truly appreciate your time in the matter and hope you are well and safe.

Edit: The issue has returned. I have gone through all errors in the log and sorted them out, yet the issue continues to persist. I went to debugging settings and turned on the database component logging. That is where my issue was originally. I would delete the .db, then start a scan. I would switch over to the file explorer where the Databases are located and could see it was while updating the textures .db. However, that is not the culprit now. I changed back to estuary skin, updated all out of date addons and disabled or uninstalled the ones that were throwing errors. ie: tv melodies. Still though, when it starts to scan, it stops at the same spot every single time. 

Here is the crash Kodi.old.log
and 
Here is the crash log

Edit 2: So after doing some searching, I found a suggestion to delete the addon database. SO I did, went back in to Kodi and the crashing during library update stopped, so now I am going to find the culprit and report back for anyone that may be having the same issue. Note, as soon as kodi started after deleting the addon.db I was notified of an update for The Movie DB...strange, cause it wasn't alerting me, even when I went to the addons page and checked for updates.

Final Edit: THe crash was a combination of Artwork Beef (isengard only) being installed still and not disabled as well as Artist Slideshow Helper. The Issue has been fully resolved...for now...I think. I will return if needed. Hopefully not though. lol.
↯ Ω ☿
I'll quickly mark this thread solved, before more gremlins enter the your installation Smile I guess it's combination of 'Caution: add-ons you install' and those add-ons that are no longer supported. If you need to add more, the thread will be left open but for all intensive purpose, I see this as solved.

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Debug Log0