Android Android TV: Kodi (clean install, no addons) never cleanly exits
I have been experiencing an issue on my Nvidia Shield TV 2015 where although on exit Kodi 18.7 will return me to the Android TV homescreen but when I double tap the home button on my remote to see open apps there is a black box representing Kodi. This remains even if I go back to the homescreen, and leave the Shield alone for 30 minutes and return. I know addons can cause this issue so this morning I force stopped Kodi, cleared data, uninstalled Kodi, rebooted, and then reinstalled. I next just installed Trakt, configured it, and installed a backup addon. Unfortunately I am still experiencing the same issue. In the attached log I opened Kodi and left it alone for 5 minutes before pressing exit. Is there something I can do to fix this please?

jotujugole.kodi (paste)
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-08-08, 16:33)DarrenHill Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Hi, I was not aware that there was an issue with the backup addon.

I cleared force stopped Kodi, cleared the data, restarted the Shield, and then reinstalled it. Then, without installing any addons at all, I exited Kodi several times and observed the same issue.

Please find my new log attached:

opusodozup.kodi (paste)
Open Wizard is the banned addon (wiki), as it's designed to facilitate operations of other piracy junk.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-08-09, 11:59)DarrenHill Wrote: Open Wizard is the banned addon (wiki), as it's designed to facilitate operations of other piracy junk.

I have uploaded the new log as you requested. Can you please help me with the issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV: Kodi (clean install, no addons) never cleanly exits0