White screen after video playback..
So I am having this new wierd problem .. My xbmc crashed the other day (own fault) so I had to reinstall everything .. I used to use Ubuntu Server 7.10 (rrambos guide Nod) with the compiled version of the svn (not the ppa) ... Well I tried to install the ubuntu 8.04 this time and everything got fine after a little tweaking with my audio .. So I compiled the svn and fired up xbmc .. And then the trouble started .. When I stop a movie then the whole screen goes totally white .. I started to read a little about this but could only find something that has to do with compiz and so on .. well I tried to downgrade the kernel since the compiz-errors was because of the newest kernel conflicting with the nvidia-driver .. But still the shame result Sad .. I then tried to go back to my old setup with the Ubuntu Server 7.10 version same as before .. But still the same white screen comes up Oo ... I have tried to downgrade my nvidia-drivers too, but still the same .... Then I tried to install the ppa-version of the svn .. Still the same .. THEN I tried to install the regular stable ppa-package (compiled somewhere in may) .. AND BOOM, it all worked, wtf!..

So as far as I can conclude this must be an error with one of the fixes included in the svn-version the last month or something.. Anyone else having this problem or anyone got any idea on how I can solve it? ..

Currently running:

Ubuntu Server 7.10
Kernel: 2.6.22-14-server
With various versions of xbmc..
Old thread, but I have the same problem.
Have you come across any solution yet?

Regards
You're not the only one: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36155

I'm guessing you're using an nvidia FX5* series card?
I've done some digging around the internet, it seems these cards are well known for causing problems in some situations.

You can bind the "next" key input to the stop key as a quick and ugly fix.
I started that old thread, as I was seeing the same thing. I ended up upgrading my card to just a slightly better Nvidia (FX6200) that I found for cheap, and it fixed my white screen problem. Looks like it really is simply tied into the FX5* line of cards. As Eddie (and the old thread) mentions, there are workarounds, but they're all a bit hacky.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
White screen after video playback..0